Author Topic: What's your unusual biking pleasure?  (Read 15998 times)

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
Re: What's your unusual biking pleasure?
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2012, 22:31:20 »
Quote from: "Locksmith"
So we have Juvecu who likes smelling Manure and Gassoon who likes licking motorcycle seats . I think you should both join a fetish forum to share your kinky thoughts  lol

Locksmith - I thought I had!  :shock:

+1 for the tunnel syndrome, awol! There was agreat little tunnel on stromtrek 1 that hutchie took us through 2 or 3 times...the massed Strom clatter and V twin roar was brilliant!
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2012, 22:51:16 »
There's  a cracking tunnel on the a55. After ST4 I went through it and had no other option than to drop to 3rd while still doing 70mph. Great sound from the wee with a cut peashooter. bloke in the done up clio didn't exactly like me showing up his pile of poo car.

Ride Coordinator

Offline macvisual

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2012, 00:10:42 »
Hmmmmm sorry bout this, but I've a (slight) fetish about my bike's chain being slightly moist using chainsaw oil being fed by my fitted ScottOiler device.
It's nearly obsessional with me having a lovely lubed/moist chain!

Even after a short or long bike ride first thing I do is slightly lube the chain with chainsaw oil manually, every link, yes I know, it's sad eh, but I utterly love it!!

(p.s. Men in white coats etc.......take me away).
K8 DL1000GT - K&N filter - Hel brake line - lowered front forks - Osram brighter/whiter bulbs - TRE module - 43 tooth Renthal rear sprocket

Offline Abercol

• Bike: 2016 Explorer XRT
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2012, 11:38:44 »
Quote from: "whythedevilnot"
For me....In the past, when I still had my CB100, I really liked kicking it over to start it.

Yeah, I fookin hated my unreliable piece of shite CB100 as well. I really liked kicking it over (and over) too when it wouldn't start (again). I was so pleased when it got nicked, I went out to the pub to celebrate.

:occasion-balloons:

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2012, 12:43:21 »
lol
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

rascaltrousers

« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2012, 17:58:49 »
I like to feel the bike tyres when I get home to see how warm they are. If they are nice and hot I know it's been a good ride. Also I like to see how near the edge of the tyre I've got.

My Mt03 also give a lovely pop poping sound on the over run as the throttle closes and I love that!

I also like it when I'm riding my shitty Chinese 125 commuter bike and I still manage to overtake lotsaof cars. That gives me a smug grin as I pass all the succ=ker in their cages.

Guilty pleasure is filtering through a queue of traffic but not right to the front. If there is a nice gap then I sit one car back and as soon as the lights change rip through it giving the car drivers at the front a surprise :grin:

Offline John316

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2012, 18:27:00 »
On my daily commute to Bradford, I've to pass alongside Marley sewer works, round about the halfway point.
It either wakes me up or cause an upshift of the throttle - I suppose you can get used to it, but I don't know if that means my smell have been de-sensitised  :shock:
John3:16  :auto-dirtbike:

Offline awol72

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2012, 21:32:44 »
Quote from: "Gassoon"
Quote from: "Locksmith"
So we have Juvecu who likes smelling Manure and Gassoon who likes licking motorcycle seats . I think you should both join a fetish forum to share your kinky thoughts  lol

Locksmith - I thought I had!  :shock:

+1 for the tunnel syndrome, awol! There was agreat little tunnel on stromtrek 1 that hutchie took us through 2 or 3 times...the massed Strom clatter and V twin roar was brilliant!
I only saw your reply now I was going through a tunnell in austria and a bloke came up behind me in a new porche and revved iy up I looked around at him shook my head and hopped the throttle off the rev limiter drowning him out he was sickened ha ha

Offline LaKraven

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2012, 21:47:07 »
Girl on back, one hand on handlebars. Need I say anymore?
Black DL650AK9 GT, 09 reg: 1" lower front and rear, USB charging and lighter sockets, Madstad bracket, Slipscreen and large Givi screens (for purpose), Aux Light Bar, fog lights (switched), custom ignition-switched wiring loom

Offline Stromtrooper james

• Bike: DL650 2011 70K+miles DL1000 2017 12k miles
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2012, 21:47:20 »
fairy kissing cars!  :shy:

Offline RobWales

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2012, 22:17:25 »
sad I know,stopping at a give way and setting off without taking feet off footrest.

Offline wal750

1986 Honda VFR 750 FG
1986 Yamaha XJ900F

V-strom now sold :-(

Offline LaKraven

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2012, 22:25:45 »
Quote from: "wal750"
http://ppstorage.free.fr/WhyNot/easy%20rider.jpg
Now that's what I call an "endOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH"
Black DL650AK9 GT, 09 reg: 1" lower front and rear, USB charging and lighter sockets, Madstad bracket, Slipscreen and large Givi screens (for purpose), Aux Light Bar, fog lights (switched), custom ignition-switched wiring loom

Offline adst

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2012, 09:48:27 »
Constantly reading adventure bike books and never having time to go anywhere!
Because life is the journey not the destination?  
"Dr.Pat Garrod ..Bearback "

Offline longman

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2012, 10:01:01 »
Quote from: "Gassoon"

+1 for the tunnel. I need to go there again with my new pipe:)
Longman

For some heaven is only 10 feet up.
Suzuki DL650 K5
Suzuki DR-Z400SM K7

Offline Strommer

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2012, 12:56:39 »
Standing on the pegs and hammering over the speed humps....  :auto-dirtbike:

A disgrace to biking...

Offline mjc506

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2012, 13:25:01 »
feeling the back end step out over ripples in the road on corners :auto-dirtbike:
Projects:
DL650 engine rebuild: Complete!
Brighter rear indicators]Complete![/url]
Heated mirrors]Complete![/url]
Cruise control/Speed limiter/V-puter]Pending...[/color]

Offline Kaboo

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2012, 13:30:06 »
Putting my crash helmet on - time to rock and roll  :)

Offline LaKraven

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2012, 13:32:45 »
Doing 78mph past average speed cameras on motorways and knowing there's nothing anyone can do about it!

Offline nbsdave

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2012, 22:05:18 »
Quote from: "Juvecu"
I'd say my unusual biking pleasure is being able to smell things when I'm riding along. Even if they aren't always the most pleasant smells it's still fine. I like when I go past a farm and I can smell that it's a farm you're going by or when you pass someone on a 2 smoke engined bike/scooter and you can smell it :)

I spend a lot of time in the country and really enjoy the smells, fresh cut hay, the damp air rising from a creek early in the morning, even going past the dairy isn't bad ((glad to be going 50 or so-would not want that smell as long as it would last while walking past)

Sometimes when she is on the centrestand and I am cleaning/chain lube or whatever, I pause and just look her over-I know she's no beauty but I do enjoy just looking at her.