Author Topic: Twat on his mobile  (Read 3082 times)

Offline Phil Nash

Twat on his mobile
« on: June 29, 2012, 13:55:58 »
Its not often I'm happy that I am in my car but this was one of those times when it saved my life. I'm sitting at a red light in rush hour traffic, some twat on his mobile phone comes flying down the road on the on coming side, hits the kerb, launches his car 4 foot into the air and then into a tree, bounces off the tree and hits me front on into the side of my car. Cars a write off. If I was on the Glee I doubt I would be typing this now. I have a heart condition and had 2 seizures in the vehicle, 40 minutes to get me out of the car but the wanker in the Audi Convertible walked from his car. Slipped a disc and damaged my lower back really severely. I was due to go on my first major ride to France but that's now out. I'm well pissed off but thankful I'm still here. He tried to tell the police that the accident, and I use that term loosely, was half an hour after the event as his phone record would show he was not on the phone. Unluckily for him the 999 call is logged. Wanker! Attached a picture for your amusement, after all if I can't laugh at this I would go mad. Lets hope the tosser gets what he deserves. :angry-tappingfoot:
As Abraham Lincoln once said
"Never believe all that you read on the Internet"

Offline frez

Re: Twat on his mobile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 14:00:18 »
I hope they throw the book at him and add trying to pervert the course of justice by trying to lie about when it happened.
Now on a Super Tenere having put 64k miles on a 2011 DL650

Offline stevee_p

Twat on his mobile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 14:24:50 »
That dickhead deserves everything he gets and then some. There's no excuse for talking on mobiles in cars nowadays. All phone come with a set of headphones with a mic that suffice at the very least. Really REALLY winds me up.

Glad to hear you're 'OK' and weren't on your bike.

Have a speedy recovery
2002 K2 DL1000
Leo Vince, Givi, Corbin, Power Commander
http://www.pbase.com/stevee_p

Offline Coval

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 15:13:52 »
Agree, most upmarket cars have b/tooth built in so, no excuses for holding the damned thing to the ear.
Glad to see you have survived and will be back on the road soon!
Best of luck!
Piaggio X9 250 > Kawa GPZ900R > Yam GTS1000 > Yam TDM900 > Yam FJR1300 > K7 Wee & '98 VFR800Fi

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 15:24:01 »
Glad you're still here to tell the tale Phil, hope the injuries heal soon.  :limp:  Call me a cynic but I wonder if the punishment will be harsher  ###  ###  as he hit a car rather than a mere bike? :shrug:
No bike at present.......

Offline willbo

• crazy is contagious
  • Bike: 2010 dl650x
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 16:06:58 »
bloody hell. Lucky escape there. I can't help notice there have been a few accidents lately with stromers. Hope things improve soon
I'm sane, honestly. . . I got a certificate to prove it!

Offline Fatbelly

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 16:38:27 »
Make sure you sue the fecker for personals - with luck his insurance company will bankrupt him.

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 17:00:53 »
Glad you are OK as that sounds nasty.

As Wilbo said, there have been too many of us on the forum who have been in accidents recently ... Hope there's no more.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline glenwatt

• Bike: Tenere 700
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 17:24:23 »
GWS
Glen

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is an option !

Offline Mr Nick

• Certified Fisher Price trained technician
  • Bike: 1979 Suzuki TS185ER, 1979 Moto Guzzi V50, 1989 Moto Guzzi SP3, 2010 KTM 990 Adv
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 19:01:14 »
GWS
I came across a rep in the cheapest of the 1 series BM's on Wednesday night on the M8 with his phone held just below window level obviously on speaker with him shouting into it - hope me driving alongside him for 10 seconds with the horn held on got a point across.

Cheap git....
Seems pearl asbo orange is faster after all....

'Don't believe all the quotes in forum signatures' - Aristotle

'Ehh, good enough' - Mediocretes

Orange Bikes Matter!

Offline Nix

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 19:13:26 »
Wow, yet another scary accident reported on this forum!

Hope you recover quickly and the Audi driver gets what's coming to him.

Just a thought, if you had been on the Glee you might not have been anywhere near the same spot?
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!

Offline hookie

• Bike: DL1000 K8, '85 Honda XBR500 race bike, '86 XBR road bike, '51 Sunbeam S8
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 19:17:26 »
Hope they throw the book at the twat. Personally I think all police cars should be fitted with a nice noisy 'phone shreader and anyone caught using one whilst driving should have it cerimoniously destroyed in front of them. They should then get a decent fine, say £500 and six points on the licence.

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 20:10:53 »
I second that proposal hookie!  that's a terrible thing happened to you Phil, but I bet you're also thinking "well it could have been even worse". Wish you all the best for a speedy, uncomplicated, full recovery .  :thumb:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

rascaltrousers

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 22:56:32 »
I don't want anyone to throw the book at him. I like books. What did the book do wring? What I'd do is CUT HIS BALLS AND DICK OFF AND FORCE FEED THEM TO HIM  ###

Get well soon.

Offline blackops

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 09:03:48 »
Get well soon mate contact one of those no win no fee accident lawyers and take the dick head for every penny hes got. I doubt by the sounds of it if you had been on the bike you wouldn't be here to tell the tale. Hope you get on OK and mend quickly. :angry-tappingfoot:  Regards.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bike: CRF1000 Africa Twin
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 10:34:28 »
Shocking story and glad to hear that you weren't more seriously injured Phil! Best wishes for a speedy recovery  :thumb:

I agree with the comments about making the Barsteward pay however, all too often the ony one who really pays is the responsible motorist...the insurer foots the compo bill who then passes the cost straight on to the rest of us in rocketing premiums.

There should be a way (that actually works in practise) to make this bloke pay PERSONALLY for the stupid decision he took which put others lives at risk. With rights (driving licence are far too easy to obtain in my book) comes responsibility (the care and consideration for ALL other road users). If you can't take the responsibility, you have no right to drive....AUTOMATIC 10+ YEAR DRIVING BAN (life would be better, but I'm a forgiving type of bloke!).

:soap: Here endeth the lesson according to Ptarmigan..... :shy:

Edit: @ Rascaltrousers....I like your thinking mate, if you ever run for PM....I'll vote for Your :clap:
I Go Down any Road There is, To see what's Around The Bend - Joe Bonamassa

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcyc ... 161e9.html

Offline Catballou

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 11:51:10 »
Glad you're OK Phil, there will be other chances to get the bike trip done,
I hope they throw the book at the driver & yes I know that all other drivers pay for insurance claims,
but make sure you claim for everything no matter how irrelevant it seems, I wouldn't beef up my claim & use my distress etc, the other insurance company messed around wouldn't play ball until I put the cost of hubby's strom on the claim, (we did buy it because I could no longer sit pillion on the CBR he had), insurance company finally coughed up everything else as long as I dropped the strom from the claim (by everything else I mean,car value, loss of earnings - all the real things which they wouldn't until my solicitor recommended I up the claim some how)
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline Phil Nash

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 14:39:29 »
BIG  :ty:  to you all for your support.  
Police have said they will pursue him over the phone as they said I was lucky and it could have been far worse. They added that the bigger picture could have been some innocent mother and child crossing the road would have been fatal and drivers like this bloke should feel the full punishment of the law. No doubt the tosser will have some clued up solicitor who will find a loophole and I will find myself being nicked and paying compensation for being "parked" in a major road  :angry-tappingfoot:

I will let you know how it progresses but I have to say my insurance company have been fantastic and are already filing a personal injury claim without me even asking them. Have to say those Hepco Becker adventure panniers might be affordable after all  :clap:
As Abraham Lincoln once said
"Never believe all that you read on the Internet"

Offline SimonW

• Bike: DL1050XT
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 20:09:09 »
Phil, are you well now, and did they prosecute the 'Owdy driver?

Offline ringo grumio nibbler

Twat on his mobile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 16:01:13 »
It's incredible how many people you notice using their phones when you are zipping past them on the bike, especially young lasses texting with the phone below normal visibility for other car drivers.  Boils my pish.