Author Topic: Heart attack!  (Read 706 times)

rascaltrousers

Heart attack!
« on: June 14, 2012, 18:45:59 »
Just picked the KLV up form service £616 in total  :bawl:  To be fair the tyres were £200 and the braided HEL lines were £98 but bloody hell I nearly fell over! I mean £19 for spark plugs for God's sake. The mechanic had said it might need chain & sprox and new front pads but thankfully not or the bill would have been even more eye watering. He also said that one fot he throttle bodies had popped its mount and the bike was rough and that it should feel much better now. I honestly can't feel any difference. I'm not sure if this is a goos thing or a bad one. In one way its good as it shows it was running well before but for £600 I'd like to notice SOME difference in the feel.

Oh well, time for thew second mortgage methinks  :groan:

Offline jonH

• Bike: R1200GS LC
Re: Heart attack!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 18:50:18 »
ouch, my turn for a heart attack on monday - new front wheel bearings, fork seals, brake pads f+r, mot, 21,500mile service.. best dig the vaseline out I guess..
There is nothing in life that cannot be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas

Offline Dilly

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 19:18:26 »
Quote from: "rascaltrousers"
Just picked the KLV up form service £616 in total  :bawl:  To be fair the tyres were £200 and the braided HEL lines were £98 but bloody hell I nearly fell over! I mean £19 for spark plugs for God's sake. The mechanic had said it might need chain & sprox and new front pads but thankfully not or the bill would have been even more eye watering. He also said that one fot he throttle bodies had popped its mount and the bike was rough and that it should feel much better now. I honestly can't feel any difference. I'm not sure if this is a goos thing or a bad one. In one way its good as it shows it was running well before but for £600 I'd like to notice SOME difference in the feel.

Oh well, time for thew second mortgage methinks  :groan:

Did you not get a quote first?  :shrug:

Offline donny1972

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 19:21:00 »
Seems a bit on the steep side. You need to learn how to get your hands dirty.