Author Topic: Top box lock  (Read 726 times)

Offline Brass

Top box lock
« on: June 06, 2012, 13:08:54 »
Hi all, has anybody had the barrel come out of their top box lock? If so what did you do to rectify the problem.I have the offending barrel but the top box is locked, I can start small with a drill, working my way up through to the lump hammer and chisel and on to the Kango. Advice please :angry-tappingfoot:
I'm not much good with computers....... but I can open a mouse with a file.

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
Re: Top box lock
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 13:42:42 »
there's a few people on here had the same problem. Have a search in the mods section for a fix. But you can use a long flat screwdriver between the lib amd bottom sections and push the catch back with little damage inflickEd to open the bugger.
Have done this a few times after locking the keys inside.

Ride Coordinator

Offline Abercol

• Bike: 2016 Explorer XRT
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 14:07:19 »
Locked mine with the key in the box (Doh! moment). Just pulled on the two halves after slipping my fingers under the lip of the lid to the side of the lock, came open with very little force & no damage done.

Offline Brass

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 14:01:49 »
Thanks fella's, managed to prise it open, still managed to break it though, must be my size twelve fingers. Phoned local Suzuki for spare part, answer was "don't know ring tomorrow". Yeah right! ###
I'm not much good with computers....... but I can open a mouse with a file.