Author Topic: Tyres, Midlands  (Read 1574 times)

Anonymous

Tyres, Midlands
« on: August 14, 2011, 16:25:43 »
As we are off round Europe in 2 weeks and as I had planned a new front tyre I whipped both wheels off today, think I will change both tyres to be safe. We are planning about 3000 miles and I think the rear will be well down by the time we get back.

I want to put Anakees on but the place I usually use won't have any for about 2 weeks and that's too close to risk it, anyone recommend anywhere in the midlands please?? Not worried about travelling, wheels are in the boot ready so any where?? Not the place in Coleshill sadly , they are the people who won't have any for a fortnight.

Cheers

Mick.

Offline Mad Phil

Re: Tyres, Midlands
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 18:55:06 »
R & S Tyres, Leicester

Top Bloke

0116 2700787

Not sure if he works mondays though.

Or Chris @ Two Wheel Services.. 07947 244780.  He definatly does not work Mondays. Tell him its via Phil Keatley  :thumb:

Or Castledines, Leicester.  Again they do not work Mondays..0116 2782544

Good Luck

Phil

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 19:33:38 »
phil,

Cheers mate, I was hoping you would come up with someone.

Mick.

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 22:45:34 »
Try ProTyre, the Warwick one's manager has his head screwed on right. Best give them a bell ahead of time, they can normally order them in to be there in a day or two. You might have a ProTyre closer to where you are, check the website.
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 17:27:43 »
blokes, cheers, off to Protyre, dropping the wheels off in the morning on the way to Brum for a meeting, then collecting on the way back.
Conti Trail Attack's, £218 fitted.
Not many comments about these in the tyre section but after exhaustive research over the weekend I decided to go with them. Anakees don't seem to be available in stock anywhere, I wanted some new tyres now to get them scrubbed in plenty of time before going away.

Thanks for the help, Phil I have passed those numbers to 2 other blokes at work who will need tyres in the coming weeks and both live Hinckley area so hopefully some business going their way too.

Thanks,

Mick

Offline Sven

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 21:57:26 »
Have Conti Trail Attacks on mine. Very pleased with them (in the wet or dry) :thumb:  :thumb:

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 19:20:51 »
Conti's on, fitted and working.
Thanks very much to Juvecu for the heads up about Protyres.
Did a very good job, dropped the wheels in on the way to a meeting, unfortunately they werent ready when I finished so I had to go back down in my own car instead of the company motor, but I can live with that.

Bit odd at first, seems to want to drop into corners much easier which took me by surprise to begin with. Once I had a few miles on them it got easier as I got used to them. Look nice too.

Mick