Author Topic: Wind buffeting  (Read 15550 times)

Offline GrahamT

Re: Wind buffeting
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 11:13:57 »
Quote from: "DIGGER JOHN"
Hi,just fitted my mra vario screen to my madstad bracket,s and went for spin around the island, I noticed the difference strait away and that was on the lowest setting,
Isn't the highest speed limit 40 mph on Guernsey? How would you know if the MRA made a difference?  :grin:  :sarc: (sorry)
We used to have Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.
Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope.

Offline Long John

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 15:56:21 »
The speed limit in guernsey is 35mph but that does not mean we keep to it, that's why most of us are usually off the road,s, if the law catch you doing 50 you are banned for a month with a hefty fine, 60 two month,s with fine, 70 classed as dangerous a year to 18 months and a hefty great fine plus you have to take your test again, saying that we usually touch around the 80 mark on sunday and pray we don't get court, it may be a little island but we have some great road,s, no point,s system here, you don't know how lucky you are.    :sarc: (THAT HURT)
I'm just a born again teenager, who wants to grow up when you are having so much fun.

Offline mechcanico lee

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 21:29:25 »
The old buffeting issue on the stroms has always been one of its niggles but it can be made alot better with different screen /madstad ect............. really all bikes get a bit wind buffeting just some a different speeds ..........its the nature of the beasts, that's what motorbikes is about ,otherwise you would be driving a car, and that's just boring   :shock:

Offline Long John

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2010, 16:55:09 »
Sorted, just came back from u k no buffeting, that,s using a madstad bracket and a MRAvario screen the tall one, now I am happy. :thumb:
I'm just a born again teenager, who wants to grow up when you are having so much fun.

Offline Frogger

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 20:33:30 »
I am now on my third sreen  and it it the MRA Vario (smaller one) plus I have the Madstad bracket. To save me a bit of time, could someone with the same setup tell me the rough positions they find best for the bracket and the screen adjuster.
Thanks.
DL650X white. Suzuki heated grips, Centre stand, Charge indicator led. 12V socket, scotoiller, Madstad bracket and MRA Varo screen. Its now the perfect bike I have been looking for.

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 20:44:53 »
There's a whole sub-forum dedicated to screens in the Oily Rag part of the forum that has plenty of opinions :)
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline garya

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 06:25:01 »
another help is change the mirrors for aprilla ones

Offline Brass

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 18:36:06 »
Sorry chaps but it's not the screen,stick it up to the legal limit 70mph and put your left hand over the left mirror or move your head forward out of the airflow off the mirrors, there told you so, solution a set of mirror extenders, about £20 on e-bay, by the way if you fall off while testing don't blame me, I'm in a country with no extradition treaty
I'm not much good with computers....... but I can open a mouse with a file.

Offline Squirrelciv

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 19:06:13 »
I don't seem to have any probs with my wee screen as standard. Got it on the middle setting as a compromise between looks and effectiveness. Compared with the naked bikes I'm used to, life on the wee is peachy.
Live long. Live well. Live happy.

rascaltrousers

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 20:04:20 »
Can't say I've too much problem with wind buffeting on the KLV1000. Yes it gets a bit turbulent over 90mph but I stay around 80 ost of the time anyway. It's no worse than the TDM900 I had before and that had a taller than standard screen on it too. I've been looking at a screen on eBay by an Italian company called Biondi. It's 16cm higher than standard and looks good value at £84.50. Has anyone tried this?

Offline Bandageman

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 10:36:25 »
Quote from: "MR TiGGer"
Quote from: "minkyhead"
Quote from: "MR TiGGer"
Quote from: "minkyhead"
bolt    gsxr 750 brakes on
eh??? :shock:

Which ones, how, any modification needed?? Pics please :-0
there u go tigger :thumb:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2219&p=17179&hilit=gsxr+brakes#p17127

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2466&p=18890&hilit=gsxr+brakes#p18890
That's brilliant what you've done, respect!!

So question is .... is it compatible with the ABS of a Wee?? [This question is from someone who has no idea about the physics of ABS to start with] :shrug:

Can you fit TL1000 callipers on a DL1000? as these are 6 pot callipers. Will the GSXR adapter fit?