Author Topic: Alarms, again Meta 357-V2  (Read 815 times)

Offline spanner

Alarms, again Meta 357-V2
« on: October 06, 2010, 21:43:44 »
I have a Meta alarm on my bike, and it made a different noise when I tried to turn it off the other day. tried to start the bike, and first press of the button it fired up.
Checked my manual when I got home from work and found the fault, no power supply, so first check, the fuse, it was blown.
For some strange reason with the fuse removed and no power going to the alarm, I tried to start the bike, it started. I turned it off, had a cuppa, went back 30 minutes later to try it again, the immobiliser should have kicked in. It started first press of the button, no alarm buttons pressed to deactivate it.
Put the fuse back in, waited, it armed itself, would not start on the button as the immobiliser had kicked in.

The question is, have I been ripped off to the sum of £300 or what, all you have to do is lift the seat, remove the fuse and ride away. At least if I lose my remote I can still get home.

Anyone have the same alarm and could you check it please, it was fitted at the time I bought the bike from a Suzuki dealer, and is now 48 weeks old.

Cheers for the help.

Kev
FSIE, TS100, RD350LC YPVS, GPZ900R, Z750LTD, CB900BOL D'OR, RXS100,CB750KZ, BANDIT600 (x2), GSXR600. WEE.

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
Re: Alarms, again Meta 357-V2
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 09:06:09 »
Not got that alarm, spanner, but reccomend you get straight onto the dealer (assuming they fitted it) before any warranty/guarantees run out...at least their alarm bloke might have an idea since they usually fit the same product to many bikes.  :shrug:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi