Author Topic: Missing  (Read 914 times)

Offline gadgetmandb

Missing
« on: October 07, 2010, 20:48:24 »
Well, had the bike back 2 weeks now and on high rev dceleratons it farts and pops. Also on cold start it sounds ROUGH. prior to this they changed the shims to cure backfiring.
Now it either runs smooth orjust plain lumpy rough.
Any ideas ?
Needless to say it's going back again this Monday.
 :fix:
Bikes owned.DL1000 k2 vario screen, Heated grips, Givi Top box & scotoiler.Heart broken when she was written off. Triumph Tiger 1050 SE Matt Grey/Black. Panniers heated Grips, centre stand, side stand, touring screen. Based somewhere in Dagenham

Offline Beerbelly

Re: Missing
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 16:20:46 »
Have you tried the usual suspects I.e. TPS / TBS, spark plug condition, etc?

Offline gadgetmandb

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 20:14:35 »
Quote from: "Beerbelly"
Have you tried the usual suspects I.e. TPS / TBS, spark plug condition, etc?
Tps/tbs what the he'll are they. The spark plugs and leads were changed when the shims were changed.
Sorry for the stupid reply but I'm new to this and not very mechanically minded.
Bikes owned.DL1000 k2 vario screen, Heated grips, Givi Top box & scotoiler.Heart broken when she was written off. Triumph Tiger 1050 SE Matt Grey/Black. Panniers heated Grips, centre stand, side stand, touring screen. Based somewhere in Dagenham

Offline Beerbelly

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 20:27:50 »
TBS= Throttle Body sync and TPS= Throttle Position sensor. Both (particularly the TBS) have a reputation for going out of spec over time and can cause rough running. TBS is easily done by checking the vacuum in each of the throttle bodies by using vacuum gauges, and adjusting one relative to the other so they both flow the same amount of air. The TPS is an electronic 'widget' attached to the side of one of the throttle bodies and can be easily checked by using the dealer mode function. If you want to know how to check both then have a search around the forum, there are a few of threads on the subjects. If you don't have a set of gauges get the dealer to at least check the TBS, although with the amount of work you've had done I'd be surprised if they haven't done it already.

Offline gadgetmandb

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 23:29:43 »
Thanks for that  
Luckily it's all under warranty and hopefully will be cured Monday.
Put new tank of fuel in and popping under fast deceleration is not as bad as it was.
Maybe I bought some sh#t fuel last time.
I still think it runs lumpy though wish I could get a second opinion to mine.

Offline gadgetmandb

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 18:22:24 »
success it appears a couple of pipes had come of under the tank, god knows what they were any ideas..
Its as sweat as a nut  now,.,, :lala: