Author Topic: Suzuki Panniers that open whilst riding....  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Piglumps

• Bike: None at this point
Re: Suzuki Panniers that open whilst riding....
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2010, 11:58:48 »
I think it's worth a strongly worded letter to Suzuki GB expressing your thorough disappointment with the product. It appears not to be 'fit for purpose'.

You probably won't get a response but it's worth a stamp and if several others who have had this write in you never know...

Got to go, a pig's just crashed into my chimney...
No bike at present.......

Offline stromonoff

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 12:42:08 »
Only picked up my GT a week ago, but having read this have just ordered straps in yellow.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Already had some in black, but may as well add some hi-viz if having to strap the panniers anyway.

nanookotn

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 17:55:15 »
I've recently replaced my OE panniers with Givis. While my Suzuki plastic never opened in transit, they were a bugger to close and I never really had confidence in the latch. Also, while in theory they are only 1l smaller in capacity than the Givis they are such a stupid design with the latch intruding so far into the pannier so as to make them seem 10l smaller. I know Givis aren't the last word in aesthetics (E36/E45) but at least they are sturdy and you can be sure that they are closed. And they are a damn sight cheaper (or is that less expensive?) too.

Salut!