Author Topic: 650 Bagster Tank Cover on Ebay  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Jarv

650 Bagster Tank Cover on Ebay
« on: May 31, 2010, 17:12:37 »
For anyone that is interested I have just spotted a bagster tank cover on ebay. Bids start at £50.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-DL650-V-St ... 4aa1c2b952
I know when you're talking bollocks because your lips move!!!!!

Offline Juvecu

• Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat
  • Bike: '11 Versys 650 & '05 TT-R250
Re: 650 Bagster Tank Cover on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 22:19:10 »
Ooo, it's blue too, perfect :-) thanks
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)
Juv & Locky's Morocco Trip Report                   Juv's Blog

Offline Juvecu

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 19:26:42 »
Thanks for the heads up on this Jarv, I got it for £51, feels like a bargain :-)
Members Map                                                    Juv's Strom "Restoration" (sold to Mad Phil)

Offline vwee

• Bike: 2017 NC750x dct
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 00:38:35 »
Hi Juvecu.money well spent I've been using baglux gear for years without any problems,the one exception being one of the side straps has gone on my sprint st tank harness.got one for the wee but not fitted due to 2 or3 goes at fitting and not looking right,the one on the st was second hand and fitted like a glove the one for the wee is new and stiff so looks like the hairdryer route which is a pita.
When you get yours and fit it  let me know as not many strom owners have this apart from one bloke on VSRI who posted pictures.

Offline Catballou

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 09:07:24 »
YUCK ... I hate these things .. why ruin a perfectly good paint job with this  :GRR:
Life isn't about waiting for the strom to pass.... it's about learning to dance in the rain

Offline Juvecu

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 22:15:43 »
Fitment was quite easy, you need to take off the seat and undo the two allen keyed bolts that hold the black plastic side covers on. Then put the tank cover on, there is a strap that you tie around the bottom of the tank near the bolt under the seat. The flap a the top of the tank goes over the black plasting covers there and the two "tails" slide in under the side panels partially. The tow "tails" have a hole at the end, the allen keyed bolt that hold the black side panels need to go through these holes. Next tie the strap around the steering head and put the side covers and seat back on. I fit mine on Saturday, here's a link to a photo album with 3 pictures to show how it looks on the bike.

firestrom

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 08:52:53 »
Quote from: "Catballou"
YUCK ... I hate these things .. why ruin a perfectly good paint job with this  :GRR:

it helps to stop the perfectly good paint job being ruined, and it's warmer on the legs if you ride all year. :thumb: