Author Topic: Dropped bike.  (Read 1018 times)

Offline putbinoot

• Bike: WEE, KLX250, GasGas 250, GasGas 125
Dropped bike.
« on: June 15, 2010, 19:16:30 »
Out playing in the woods/quarry/hill paths and dropped the wee twice, cracked hand guard will try glue to fix it or can you plastic weld at home, scrapped fairing, will give it a bit of wet and dry to see if it takes out the scrtches, bent rear break pedal do I need to heat this and let it cool (anneling) before trying to straighten it. Yes it's on video, typical, done a tricky bit just before it no probs then decides to turn camera on and I bin it, my own fault trying to get over a rut at to slow a speed and the wrong angle. :shy:

edited it:hope it makes sense now.

Offline Quoman

Re: Dropped bike.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 20:46:02 »
........and again, in English!!!!
ARE YOU READY?
3RD JANUARY IS LOOMING, TIME TO BECOME COMPLIANT
http://www.ecuclinic.com

Offline Eric The Viking

• I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list!
  • Bike: Suzuki GSX 650 F, Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 XCA
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 20:53:42 »
I sort of go the gist of it, 'been a plonker and dropped the bike, bent a few bits and to make it worse it's now on you tube' is that about it?

Rear brake lever is alloy, so it'll probably break if you try and straighten it.
Keep The Shiny Side Up And Your Helmet Polished

Honda SS50, Kawasaki KH250 B2, Honda CB400/4 F2, Kawasaki KE125, Honda CB250N Super Dream, Yamaha RD250, Honda CB250N Super Dream (again), Honda CB750/4 F2, Kawasaki ZZR1100 D7, Suzuki V Strom DL650 K8, Suzuki V Strom DL1000 K6, Suzuki GSX 650F, Piaggio Fly 125, Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200 XCA, Mini-Moto Ducati replica.

Offline Arto

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 10:10:26 »
Please post the you tube link
1977 Honda CB400F in Yellow. Completely Bog Standard.

Offline putbinoot

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 13:57:45 »
Not bad though for my second time off road. Live and learn. 4.09 for those who can't wait.

Offline Hutchie

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 16:27:40 »
Lesson 2 : if in doubt, gas it.

you lazy bugger, waiting for Your pal, hhahahaha, I canny believe that. You drop it, you lift it :)

Oh, and before anybody gets in with it, don't ye know these bikes are not for offroading ;)

contributions to a bashplate are the order of the day, I'll chip in 50p

Offline SgtSmash

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 16:49:23 »
It could be worse, you could have broken bits of you.

In all honesty a few scratches, broken hand guard and a broken brake pedal is naff all really.  Annoying I can imagine, but not a big drama.

Don't give up.  get some engine bars, a bash plate and some off road lessons ( :sarc: ) and you'll be sorted for next time :D

keep it going mate ;)
"Reading isn't an occupation we encourage amongst Police Officers. We try to keep paperwork down to a minimum" -Orten.

"Warning! You want a warning? O.K., I'm warning you not to do that again or I'll give you another ticket." - Anon .

Offline doublevodka

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 22:59:19 »
Oh well at least it was low speed so minimal damage ;) Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I'd have given it more gas to get past ruts like that  :shrug:

Good on you for giving the bumpy stuff a go and keep at it, me and SgtSmash have had a little go and I loved it, always on the lookout  for somewhere bumpy to go play now lol ;)
Alcohol, the cause, and solution to many of lifes problems!

Offline minkyhead

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 23:51:04 »
may be wrong    but looking at the video    it may be  your eyes are looking  at what you don't  like rather than what   ..you do like    .. ..
  you really must look where you want to go   ...if   you see three ruts and look at the one  you don't  like  you will instantly  be  in it    ...  don't look down too much   at that speed  around  25 metres  ahead  and  nowhere else    

if the front  and rear are in different  ruts    and   you have a little momentum    whhipping the clutch in  and allowing the rear to free wheel   over    is the best  bet   but this will only  work  on shallow ruts such as you  were in  at a reasonable steady  pace   say  15  mph  plus    .its  very  difficult to get the rear to join the front in any thing like a deepish  rut    using  drive        

..if you are  proper cross s rutted  the gas   will not  help   ..as a cure   best to have a little more pace to start with  as its easier to balence   and  steer ....pick  your  line    and then   never ..ever  look  down near trhe front wheel    you already  have your line  and will miss the next  vital peice of information  

once your in  one   stay in it   no matter what   ...if the front  is  trying to climbout  of it   it  wiggle the bars  from side to side  a little  and it  will stay in    ..the front is more likely to climb into the next  one  as its being pushed  with no  drive  of its own    so grips the side oof the rut    a whole lot better    grrr    ..its a little to heavy to try bunny hopping    :haha:  :haha:    :thumb:

I  hate  ruts    :rain:  
  oh   and never take  easy  stuff for granted          :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  ###  ###

By minkyhead at 2009-02-22

By minkyhead at 2010-04-03
What's the weather forecast  ...where's  me map

Offline putbinoot

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 00:46:21 »
Thanks for the tips g-u-y-s.