Author Topic: Centre stand  (Read 641 times)

Offline luv2andy

• Bike: DL650X L0
Re: Centre stand
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2024, 13:35:46 »
... thanks for all the info and guidance regarding the centre stand fitment.

It seems to be an unqualified science and the problem is that I am loathe to spend £120 on a £60 same item from the same country/ who knows where anything comes from , however one assumes China / and who knows the quality... I think it's got to be Cosmo; as stated they replied straight away , and  cooltshirt ( what's the logo :) ) has one / (presumably for a gen 1 ?)

Offline Ianmc

• Bike: DL650AL5
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2024, 13:49:47 »
   Not sure how much Cosmo centre stands are,but this is the one I fitted to my bike after an accident earlier this year.Mega fast delivery,I ordered it around lunchtime and the courier was knocking on my door at 08:30 next morning ! It fits well and you get the full kit including bolts,springs etc.
    Just had a look on the Cosmo site and it is €115 plus €19 shipping.To be honest it looks the identical stand to my eyes,so at a whisker over £100 you would be better off with the UK based one,plus it would arrive much quicker.Having said that,I have no idea about the current exchange rate.
Ian Mc.

Offline luv2andy

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2024, 14:09:15 »
Thanks Ianmc looks like the one I'll get / ( MPW ) and yes it's UK delivery so better than waiting for European clearances etc. The pound  is very strong at today's date; probably the best it's been against the Euro for some years actually... 1.20 to the £. So that works out at £111 including postage from Europe. There really is a plethora of choices out there for this item.
Does anyone know why perchance Suzuki deigned it unnecessary to not have a stand in the first place >/ ?

Offline Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2024, 14:15:40 »
They've been an optional accessory for years. ££££. No idea if other manufacturers do the same these days.

Offline luv2andy

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2024, 14:19:29 »
Whoops here we are again... Inmac... the one listed on mpw is for 2nd gen ... What year is you bike ?

Offline Joe Rocket

• Bike: DL650A L5, Kawasaki GPX750R
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2024, 19:38:29 »
I'd go for the reputable name, not an unsure source. Mine was SW Motech and no complaints but it was 160€ nearly ten years ago (no import costs or VAT problems if importing).
Don't get too confused over exchange rates. On the day there is little difference to the day before or the day after.

A bigger problem is now importing and VAT costs over what you see the advertised price. I can assure you that out of or in to Europe is now a bit of a lottery. It is now impossible to say if you get a better deal from abroad but who supplies in the UK anyway?
So how's it going so far then?

Offline luv2andy

Offline luv2andy

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2024, 19:58:30 »
sw motech now £226 plus post

Offline Joe Rocket

• Bike: DL650A L5, Kawasaki GPX750R
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2024, 20:04:01 »
I was going to like your post but then....no. Not you, the price!

Go for the Cosmo one.  :whistle:
So how's it going so far then?

Offline cooltshirt

• Bike: DL650 L6
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2024, 20:16:24 »
When I was doing this a couple of years ago. I discovered that virtually no stock exists in the UK even when shops said otherwise. It all had to be imported from Europe.
When I bought my Cosmo stand it arrived in a week with no unexpected or indeed unwanted taxes.
"To feel the warm thrill of confusion, that space cadet glow"

Offline Ianmc

• Bike: DL650AL5
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2024, 23:50:53 »

Whoops here we are again... Inmac... the one listed on mpw is for 2nd gen ... What year is you bike ?
   My bike is an L5,December 2014
Ian Mc.

Offline luv2andy

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2024, 22:03:53 »
... Ordered the center stand from Motea.
Couldn't get a definitive answer really on the different generations of fitment...
So Ali Express and the value there couldn't be taken advantage of.
I've bought 10 items from them for the bike and each item was so cheap and of good quality.
At the prices offered and the service they've given ( too many emails is the only pb ) I'm going to treat myself and the bike to more goodies / ...
Will update on the Motea stand as and when.
Thanks to everyone for their input on this topic.
It would have been easier for Suzuki to have put a stand on the bikes in the first place; saved everyone's time over the production run chasing what I would consider a necessary or indeed  inherent part of a motorcycle (?)
And the new one's are still without a stand as the "Standard "  :icon_wink: