Author Topic: Fitting Aftermarket Parts and Your Suzuki Warranty  (Read 161 times)

Offline Phild

• Bike: Suzuki Vstrom 1050XT
Fitting Aftermarket Parts and Your Suzuki Warranty
« on: August 09, 2024, 15:01:46 »
Having had conflicting information / advice from dealers I decided I’d go to the organ grinder and cut out the monkey.

I’ve attached my email to them, and their clear and concise reply.

You can fit aftermarket parts, but they themselves are not covered by the Suzuki warranty (that’s pretty obvious, but I’m sure they need to say that for some peoples benefit 🤷‍♂️).

Your full warranty stays in place, UNLESS your aftermarket part(s) causes other issues with your bike, or your aftermarket parts are not fitted by a Suzuki technician and subsequent issues arise.

I’m now looking for a replacement end can….. non-performance related.

Hope this helps.👍

Dear Phillip,

Thank you for your recent e-mail to Suzuki Customer Services regarding your Suzuki V-Strom. We are very glad to hear you're enjoying the bike!

I would like to confirm that any non-genuine Suzuki Parts fitted in your motorcycle, or fitted by a non-Suzuki Technician, may impact the warranty on your Suzuki. Any non-genuine parts will not be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty and any associated parts that fail may be declined under warranty if any fault is found to be a result of fitting by a non-Suzuki Technician or due to aftermarket parts being fitted.

That being said, we understand it is not uncommon to make these changes, and so in the case that any issue is identified as a manufacturing fault (and not related to any aftermarket components), you can rest assured that your warranty coverage will still be in place.

I hope this is helpful to you. In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact us again should you require anything further in the future on (UK) 08085 011959 or (IE) 01619 3671, option 2.

Kind Regards,

Sarah

Suzuki GB PLC
t (UK) 08085 011 959 or (IE) 01619 3671 | e customerservices@Suzuki.co.uk | w www.Suzuki.co.uk

Offline nigel s

• Bike: DL650A M2
Re: Fitting Aftermarket Parts and Your Suzuki Warranty
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2024, 17:23:48 »
The confirmation is nice :thumb:
I had the same conversation ,in some depth, with my dealer when I got my 650 and told them I would be fitting Nitron forks and shock.
They said  they were happy to work with me on any claim but the Nitron parts would not be warrantied but the rest would, eg shock linkages, and engine etc obviously :icon_wink:
I think it helped the work was done by a recognised expert (Darren at MCT) and not thrown on by a monkey with no clue.
The decision at the end of the day was Suzuki's not the dealer, who always had to give pics to Suzuki GB with any claim.
Mine is still being serviced (the 30k was booked in this week) to keep up the warranty. I think this will be the last warranty keeping service though, it has proved itself reliable over the last 2 years , so will go to home servicing , just getting the valves dealer checked.