Author Topic: Wemoto quality  (Read 586 times)

Offline Ian T

• Bike: DL650 L3, BMW K75s. Ural 750 outfit.
Wemoto quality
« on: September 18, 2023, 08:12:44 »
I have just been pricing up replacement wheel bearings and seals and even using my normal bearing supplier the price comes out around the same price as does the Wemoto full kit and that includes the seals. Pricing the seals up from a few places like Robinson and Fowlers they are quite a bit of an add on.

I can’t find the exact specs of the seals to go through my normal bearing supplier.

So my question is please given the Wemoto sets which include bearings and seals do any of you have any experience of the quality of Wemoto bearings etc.

If the bearings they offer are of a decent quality then the sets offer very good value for money.

Cheers

Ian

Offline Rixington43

• Bike: DL1000GT K7
Re: Wemoto quality
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 08:16:27 »
Not used the Wemoto seals specifically but everything else I've ever had from them has been excellent so probably a safe enough bet.
I have used Pyramid Parts, their seals seem good and all the bearings are Koyo which are OEM on a lot of Jap bikes.

Offline porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 09:38:21 »
Never used Wemoto but I did buy a rear wheel bearing kit including seals from ebay a few years ago. Bearings where Koyo and are still going strong but the seals where crap, wouldn't hold the wheels spacers in to get the wheel back in even when new. First time I had to remove the wheel I put the oe seals back in.

Offline Barbel Mick

• Bike: 800RE
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 15:56:00 »
When I changed my wheel bearings (bought from a local bearing supplier) I used OEM seals (or my garage man did) that I bought from Robinsons Foundry. (Other suppliers are available)
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.

Offline Joe Rocket

• Bike: DL650A L5, Kawasaki GPX750R
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 19:32:28 »
I've not had seals or bearings from Wemoto but yes everything else has been good value for money. For both my current bikes and previous Yamaha cables, brake pads, electric stuff, even carb jets and manifolds.... I can't see why their 'cycle' parts aren't similarly robust. They would have a bad reputation if otherwise.  :icon_wink:

I won't buy batteries online though (again).  :icon_no:
So how's it going so far then?

Offline purplebikeunicorn

• Bike: DL650A L7
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2023, 04:03:56 »
Wemoto are sound as a company, I've had many bits from them over the years, along with a few hassle free returns/replacements. They're pretty decent to chat to too if you need to ask them a question

Offline Ian T

• Bike: DL650 L3, BMW K75s. Ural 750 outfit.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2023, 08:53:47 »
Thanks everyone

Worth a punt I think.

As you all say big company never heard and bad things.

Cheers

Ian