Author Topic: Seat covers  (Read 462 times)

Offline bigredbaldyman

Seat covers
« on: September 14, 2023, 19:12:18 »
Hi all
I need to replace my seat cover on my 2008 1000GT.
Will a cover for a 650 fit?
Cheers

Offline Gert

• Bike: DL650 K5 Blue, DL650 K6 Red
Re: Seat covers
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 07:16:04 »
Unless you have a low version Suzuki manufactured seat, the short answer is no.

The reason is the Vee seat has slightly more padding (roughly 20mm in height) and while 1st gen seat pan is the same (meaning that the 1st gen Vee and Wee seats are interchangeable), the extra padding called for on the Vee is a slightly larger seat cover.

There may be certain exceptions though, depending on which aftermarket materal used to replace your stock seat cover. Sadly you would have to enquire with each supplier of the  aftermarket seat cover to confirm the size.  Take for example, the SIT & FLY mesh for the Wee may work on the stock Vee seat, as SIT & FLY motorcycle seat covers come in sizes XXL, XXXL, XXXL1, & XXXL2. But then this cover doesn't replace yor existing seat cover but is pulled over on top of the original cover.

Offline bigredbaldyman

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 14:38:48 »
Thanks for the info Gert. I managed to find one online, hopefully it fits as I'm unsure if the seat is original. If not I'll need to see if I can get the splits repaired.

Offline Gert

• Bike: DL650 K5 Blue, DL650 K6 Red
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 07:28:52 »
You could perhaps ask advice from one of the automotive upholsters in your area. They may even have off-cuts that may be large enough for the task at hand.  Who knows, maybe they can do the re-upholster for you at a fair price.