Author Topic: New XT arrived yesterday !!  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Adventure Boy

• Bike: DL1050XT M3
New XT arrived yesterday !!
« on: March 22, 2023, 05:57:43 »
New 1050XT arrived yesterday it was pi55ing down of rain do decided to get all the bits on then take it for a ride if it stopped

Got the alarm on, the heated grips, Sat Nav, front spot lights, small number plate, optimate lead, powered twin USB in top box, Side stand fat foot,
GR Moto carbon end can, anyway by that time it had dried out a bit and off I went

First impressions: feels a lot lighter than I expected and its lower, its heavy to get on the main stand but manageable, goes quite well but could not give it all the beans as its only done 2 miles !! handling is very good and sure footed, cruise works well, it seems quite well glues together, metal panniers and top box are really nice being top loaders, and look well made, GR Moto exhaust is very small compared to the original but has a nice finish and sounds just about right, all in all it seems like a good bike, it has not set my world on fire but that was only a 20 mile quick ride, I'm sure it will be better when I can open the taps fully lol  :lala:

Rob 

Offline Adventure Boy

Re: New XT arrived yesterday !!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 06:31:59 »
Also could not get the Hill Hold to work !! ill have to check the manual

Offline Gert

• Bike: DL650 K5 Blue, DL650 K6 Red
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 06:45:41 »
Care to share what you where doing wrong in the Hill Hold process?  Perhaps holding both front and rear brake?

Offline purplebikeunicorn

• Bike: DL650A L7
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 14:30:58 »

Offline Phild

• Bike: Suzuki Vstrom 1050XT
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2023, 22:54:14 »
I’ve just agreed to buy a pre-Reg 1050XT on a 72 plate.

How have you mounted your Sat Nav (I’ve got a Rider 550) and run power to it?

👍

Offline Adventure Boy

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2023, 05:30:52 »
I bought a bike specific nav mount from ebay for the Garmin XT from a bloke on ebay cheap and works really well I think I've got the link if you need it ? wired it back to the fuse box under the seat and took a feed from the Ignition fuse, quite an easy job to be honest easy to get the cable through

Rob 

Offline Phild

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2023, 13:42:01 »
I was thinking of getting one of these for my Tom Tom. Looks a nice neat job…..it says Garmin, but I’m sure there’s one for a Tom Tom as well.

https://evotech-performance.com/products/ep-Garmin-compatible-sat-nav-mount-Suzuki-v-strom-1050xt-2020-onwards

Offline Adventure Boy

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2023, 05:40:41 »
Looks like it will do the job perfectly Phil bit expensive though, although you'll only ever buy one so not too bad really !!

Offline Phild

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2023, 15:11:16 »
The above was too small for the bar. I’ve gone for the expensive Evotech one, and after 250 miles of use I’m very happy with it.

Now I need to do something about the stone chips on the lower engine bar.

I’m considering the Hepco and Becker Engine Guard.

I did 230 miles in non stop rain…….the bike didn’t look new after that.   :icon_no:

Offline Adventure Boy

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2023, 08:29:03 »
Gutting Phil
I did the same on my first ride, got caught in a massive rainstorm, Took hours to get the bike back to showroom condition !! I fitted a rubber scooter mudguard as a mudguard extender on the front it works really well and coupled with the Givi engine bash plate, stops most of the crap getting on the engine

Offline Phild

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2023, 08:35:01 »
I’ve got 230 miles to do tomorrow, Lincolnshire back down to Somerset….the weather is looking better for my run home.

I’ll strip the bike down and do a full clean Sunday. 600 mile service on Wednesday. Loving the bike.

Offline Gert

• Bike: DL650 K5 Blue, DL650 K6 Red
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2023, 07:48:47 »
First off, congrats on you new ride.
A few questions wrt this model:   When you say that the first impression was that the bike feels lower and difficult to get onto the center stand, did you measure the ground clearance for comparision to the previous models 1050? Perhaps a lower profile seat or height setting?
Wasn't there a seat height adjustment on the earlier 1050 models (Reply #3 of https://www.v-strom.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=40057.0) ?

Did the bike come with a center stand or was it an aftermarket install. If aftermarket, which brand and model?

Did you ever sort out the hill hold that you reported?

Offline deecat

• Bike: DL800RE
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2023, 19:50:18 »
I am also ruining in my 2023 1050 which is the standard bike and not the DE ,which is far to tall for me. Today I have done a 350mile run and I feel from a riding point of view that it feels smaller than my previous 650 or 1000 ,not to push around though.

I did not find putting the bike on the main stand to be any more difficult than the 1000 or 650 .
To give me a bit more stability when the wife is getting on and off the bike I have fitted some lowering links which does make it a lot harder, but not impossible to put the bike on the main stand.

Offline Phild

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2023, 09:58:45 »
Mine’s the last years 1050 XT model.

No problem putting it on the centre stand. My 29” inside leg required me buying the low seat and boots with a thicker sole. I’m pretty comfortable with the height now.

Pushing her around on the flat I find okay, but I have to reverse her down the side of the house and my drive slopes on a steep incline. It takes me some effort to park her up. :thumb:

I’m willing to deal with that after a splendid 2 country, 9 county ride home yesterday.

England / Wales.
Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Warwickshire, Gloucestershire, Monmouthshire, Gwent, South Gloucestershire, North Somerset. :thumb: