Author Topic: What to look for apart from the obvious after being knock down and run over  (Read 593 times)

Offline bonne

• Bike: DL1050 M0
... by a woman of coarse, but not in the good way.

Offline rus998

• Bike: DL650XTA L6, Vincent Comet
The first things that I would be looking for are the police report and the car owners insurance details. Then I would take photos of any damage. After that check that all of the parts that stick out are straight and still working, front & rear brake levers, footrest, throttle, bent bars etc. Make sure that all of the plastic is crack free. As it looks like she was trying to park I doubt that the wheels will be out of line but worth checking. But most of all make sure that the police do the driver as it might stop her doing it again.

Offline bonne

• Bike: DL1050 M0
She was trying to park... I could see that it would end wrong even though she had lots of space. She couldn't handle the car.

She ended knocking the MC over and after that running over it.

The wheel alignment is what I am mostly afraid off. Dealer took a quick glance, and from the sound from it, it should be OK.

Police is way too busy to come for such... they are busy doing border control and speed checks.

Sidecase has a big crack... some plastic are scraped... handguards scraped... dealer asks if I want to have original Suzuki on them or if I want to have them replaced with Givi - which are on the bike now.

I like the Givi... I have no idea of how the originals are... do I want them?

Regards, Lars.