Author Topic: Suzuki K5 DL1000 Tickover Miss  (Read 521 times)

Offline Allan Cross

• Bike: DL1000 K5
Suzuki K5 DL1000 Tickover Miss
« on: April 25, 2023, 18:53:37 »
On tick over which is at 1250 rpm on occasions at traffic lights, it feels as though it occasional dips in revs like its got a slight miss on the electrics and sometimes stalls. Things we have been renewed recently, carbs synq, cam sensor renewed any thoughts, could it be a coil or ht lead of has anybody else had this.

Thanks in advance

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
Re: Suzuki K5 DL1000 Tickover Miss
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 19:52:12 »
Got to be the carbs, they are harder to set up than fuel injection...  :icon_wink:

Seriously though, it could be a number of things.

Tps adjustment.
Low fuel flow.
Air leak.
Water in the fuel.

My old K6 used to cough and stall every now and then, it's,  I'm opinion, what big Vs do.

Start to worry when it stalls all the time .
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline Allan Cross

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 21:07:15 »
Thanks for the comments.

Yeh feel like I chasing my tail, its had a new TPS

Cheers

Offline Rixington43

• Bike: DL1000GT K7
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 21:21:49 »
Has it had new plugs and does this miss happen when it's wet out or all the time?
Fresh plugs really smoothed mine out at idle but they may have been quite old.
I know the SVs sometimes suffered from the plug cap not sealing into the cam cover properly and, if the drain hole in the side of the cylinder gets blocked up, water ingress can cause misfire or even dropping to one cylinder.
Unlikely I know but free to check. I use a little silicone grease on the plug caps to help them seal.
* A bottle of fuel system cleaner perhaps in case it's a slightly iffy injector nozzle?

Offline Rixington43

• Bike: DL1000GT K7
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 10:00:26 »
Last couple and no offence meant if this is obvious and you've checked it but make sure both throttle body boots from the air box are properly attached and clamped on. I suspect they are as you probably removed the airbox to sync the throttle bodies but mine came back from a dealership with one boot detached as the spanner monkey had got the jubilee clip on the wrong way round and had popped the boot off when tightening it. One boot loose will throw the mix way out and cause missing at low throttle openings.
Also check the cap on the spare vacuum take off from the throttle bodies, one of mine was perished to hell and letting by, the front throttle body will only have 1 spare takeoff as the other goes to the vacuum canister but the rear 2 are both spare and should be capped off.

Offline Allan Cross

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2023, 15:46:01 »
Thanks for all the comments to date I will look through the various options and see if we solve the issue, it can be so random, pull up at a set of lights no issues then a few traffic lights later the issue appears but like I said so random.
Cheers
Al