Author Topic: Shamima Begum  (Read 502 times)

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
Shamima Begum
« on: February 22, 2023, 12:49:27 »
I have heard on the radio that Shamima Begum has lost her appeal to return to England and have a British Passport reinstated. I have got to say that I agree with this decision. Not because she went to Syria but because of the things she said about severed heads and the bomb in Manchester.

She, in my mind showed her colours then and is still a threat to our safety. I don't believe the monetary side of the issue ie a million pounds a year to watch her etc should play a part in the decision but how many of you would be happy if she was to be given a home next to yours.

I guess there will be many views and comments on the subject but my question is, who would be happy for her to live next door. She would have to live next door to someone. I'm not trolling but wonder if my view is wrong.

I'm sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place or even if I am wrong in posting it at all. Please feel free to move or delete if necessary.
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.

Offline 2112

• Bike: Honda 750 Transalp, Victory Crossroads 1731
Re: Shamima Begum
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 16:12:21 »
Sadly, I doubt this is the last we will hear of it. Appeals, after appeals. after appeals will follow... All coming out of the taxpayers pocket.
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Upt North

• Bike: DL650 L7
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 16:41:38 »
I don't believe she would be living next to you or I Dr. Whether she should be allowed back is a strange one. If her nationality has been revoked then my own view is that any legal proceedings should take place elsewhere.
Why are the British courts having to discuss and debate the issue, when all she was to the authorities here was a missing person who went on to do very bad stuff. This resulted in the process of her losing British Nationality status. I'm sure there are many countries that she could now go to live in and they would welcome her with open arms.
It's an old saying but a good saying.....You make your bed, then you lie in it.
She has no place in British society in my opinion.
Upt.

Offline Tusker

• Bike: NO BIKE
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2023, 16:51:11 »
What annoys me most is her lawyers and representative saying there is no limit on the number of appeals..  If that is true there should be, get a law passed to limit the number! Her lawyers just see a job for life funded by the British tax payer. As said above, she made her choice she bit the hand that fed her!!

Offline Ianmc

• Bike: DL650AL5
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2023, 18:34:44 »
   Doc,I agree with every word you say.She should NEVER be allowed back in the UK.She knew exactly what she was doing when she left the UK as did her two mates.As the old saying goes…..”Tough sh*t”
Ian Mc.