Author Topic: New coal mine  (Read 1004 times)

Online Upt North

• Bike: DL650 L7
Re: New coal mine
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2022, 20:48:22 »
Joe.
France, England, Germany? We all have similar problems with energy generation. I'm no expert (has-been drip under pressure) but I think France embraced nuclear wholeheartedly but then failed to keep on top of it. Whilst the UK never really made its mind up and fumbled from one government to the next. We now prefer to pay other nations to provide our energy policy.......what could go wrong?
I believe we all need to accept that oil, gas, coal, biomass etc all have a future in energy production, we simply won't cope without it. Will this contribute to global warming......let's not go there......although it's fact we're getting warmer since reliable post transistor measuring started. Are we warmer than 1922 when the local weather chappie wandered down to his weather station, who knows?
We are now in a position where LPG is being shipped from the US and the Middle East to keep our European lights on. That's crackers. There's enough gas around our EU shores to keep us going for a few years yet, why not use it?
It would be great to harvest all our natural energy, it can't be that hard, but I'm afraid governments are full of useless twonks.
Strangely, we elect them.....
Upt'North.

Offline Joe Rocket

• Bike: DL650A L5, Kawasaki GPX750R
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2022, 21:57:59 »
Fair points of view there.

There are far too many corners to view the unfolding search for 'acceptable' energy though personally I can't accept that we continue to dig and drill for resources that will eventually run out. (We're OK now, sod the future)  Interests of business and governments are too dependant on the status quo, a good example is long term health and the tobacco industry.

We have to face the facts that we continue to smother the earth's lungs and restrict it's ability to regenerate and support the ever growing population. Curiously Ebenezer Scrooge comes to mind.........

The question here should really be, in the interests of everyone, is the mining of coal necessary and what (or who) does it benefit in the long term?

So how's it going so far then?

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2022, 22:39:50 »

Ride Coordinator

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2022, 06:56:25 »
Maggie was cremated.

Using coal maybe!
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2022, 18:11:44 »
The Americans are in their element, shipping us Gas and condemning nations that choose to buy from Russia, even before the invasion of Ukraine. I love the American people having visited once but the American politicians are low bellied snakes.
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.