Author Topic: Iron But Assoc  (Read 1289 times)

Offline 2112

• Bike: Honda 750 Transalp, Victory Crossroads 1731
Re: Iron But Assoc
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2022, 13:10:32 »
It's a great cause, absolutely no doubt  :thumb:

Do you know if anyone does a lardy arse challenge ? Asking for a friend...
It's pronounced 'twenty-one-twelve'

Offline Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2022, 18:00:29 »
Ah, I never knew anything about that side of it, just assumed people did it for "fun"? ( If that's the right word.)
All the more reason for needing proof, then. Sponsors need to be reassured they aren't parting with cash on a pretext.
Makes even more sense now. Well done to those who put themselves through it.

Offline falkland bomber

• Bike: Kawasaki Versy's 1000 Grand Tourer
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2022, 19:25:40 »
Also when I did this we had about 17 hours of rain M6 was like a river I stopped above Carlisle for a hot brew because I was already so cold and wet I failed to put the bike fully on its side stand and dropped it breaking the clutch lever.

Did the best part of 800 miles with just a stub for the clutch lever my left hand was in agony at the end.

Also if you come in under 18 hours you are excluded because to do so means you were speeding this event is not a race despite what I witnessed on the day.
They also take note of your bikes mileage on departure and on your return, you also have a full briefing the night before.

It is well organised and run.
Old Bald Soldier

Offline FinnDave

• Bike: DL650, Royal Enfield Interceptor
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2022, 18:49:28 »
I rode from Stockholm to Eastbourne without any rest breaks (just petrol, coffee & pee breaks) in 1997, that took about 28 hours and is approx 1200 miles. I had actually started the day before in south east Finland, but had a couple of hours sleep on the Turku to Stockholm overnight ferry.
I did it again in 2011, but took an overnight break to the west of Copenhagen. I think my mileage on the third & final day of that trip was just short of 900 miles. I was aiming for Witney in Oxfordshire on that occasion but my bike (Harley Softail Classic) broke down at Beaconsfield services.
I am aware of the IBA and their rules, but 1000 miles in 24 hours is tough going!
Loyal to the nightmare of my choice