Author Topic: Horn and hazard lights stopped working  (Read 487 times)

Offline Macke_D

• Bike: DL1000 K3
Horn and hazard lights stopped working
« on: June 10, 2022, 19:26:49 »
Hello blokes
Recently my horn and hazard lights on my ’03 DL1000 stopped working. Pressing the horn button does nothing, and switching the hazard switch gives a swift and faint flicker on the turn signals, then nothing except that the turn signals don’t work with the normal indicator switch as long as the hazard switch is activated. They work fine when it is not.

As I can’t remember when I last used any of them, I don’t know when they stopped working or what might have caused it.

Since both have stopped working, I looked for points in the electrical system where both of them are connected. I tried opening up the button housing on the left handlebar and applied de-oxidizing spray for electrical connectors. Did the same with the connector above the radiator. No luck.

All fuses are good.

Anybody got any ideas where to go from here?

Thanks in advance!

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
Re: Horn and hazard lights stopped working
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 19:47:25 »
Not sure if I'm 100% correct, from memory I think there's a large block connector inside the left fairing cowel.

The pins corrode and burn out sometimes.

I know you've already checked the block connector to the left switch gear but sometimes it's best to give them a good clean and give them a little twist so they can make a good connection. 

Suzuki block connectors are known for giving trouble ...

Good luck 👍
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline Macke_D

• Bike: DL1000 K3
Re: Horn and hazard lights stopped working
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 20:49:55 »
Thanks! I will check that one too. Had an issue with that one last year when my high beam wouldn’t work. Ended up using a separate single wire connector for the high beam wire as the slot for the pin in the original connector was damaged.