Author Topic: All Pumped Up.  (Read 1316 times)

Online Upt North

• Bike: DL650 L7
All Pumped Up.
« on: April 25, 2022, 16:15:31 »
My RAC branded compact compressor was found to be slightly and intermittently useless, a bit like its owner........
I think it's probably rattled itself to pieces under the seat over the last 8 years.
After some research, bought this one that's just arrived, a powerful little bugger and not stupid money.
I will now feel much more content whilst away from the homestead.
It connect via SAE, crocodile clips or normal 12V outlet, simples, again a bit like its owner.
Upt'North.

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
Re: All Pumped Up.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 18:34:52 »
Nice ...  :thumb:

When I part exchanged my Audi I kept the mini air compressor that comes as standard.
The dealer wasn't getting the pump in the price they gave me  lol

It's a brilliant little pump that can inflate my tyres pretty quickly ...  :thumb:
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 19:53:39 »
That's the Airman compact. I have the Airman Anorexic, it's shed the bulky plastic casing. And fan. And when I find a suitable blank, it'll lose the suprememly accurate built-in gauge, as well.

Online Upt North

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2022, 11:32:59 »
Quote removed

If and when I get a Glee......thinking........I don't know where I'd put it but it fits neatly into the hump of the Pan with original toolkit etc.
Upt'North.

Offline Rusty Nuts

• Manufacturer of iron oxide
  • Bike: KTM 1090 in orange, of course.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 11:52:35 »
It'll fit in original form under the glee seat. Tons of room. The KTM, not so spacious

Offline Barbel Mick

• Bike: 800RE
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 12:26:37 »
Yeah, got one under my gen 2 seat & without removing the plastic casing.  :thumb:
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.

Online Upt North

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2022, 12:36:26 »
Ta Boys, good info.
Upt'North.

Offline The Doctor 46

• The Doctor 46
  • Bike: DL1000A L4. DL650 L2
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2022, 18:52:07 »
Has anybody used one of those aerosols that inflate and repair, all be it temporarily, and did it work? I bought one today £15.49 and used it on a garden tractor wheel. A quick drive up the garden and back to the house and it was flat again and that was after emptying the can into it.

I carried one of those cans on my XR400R when off road, safe in the knowledge that I could do a quick repair if necessary. Thank goodness I didn't need it.  :roll:
Without rain, there would be no rainbows.

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2022, 20:23:34 »
I admire your optimism in repairing a tubed puncture with an aerosol. :)
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Steve T

• Bike: F8GS, NC750X
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2022, 20:42:18 »
I've seen two seperate punctured inner tube tyres sorted by the squirty foam in a can stuff. Had to add some air in both cases after the can was empty, but on both occasions the "repair" got the rider back to civilisation where a replacement tube could be fitted in comfort.

I have used one on someone elses tubeless tyre in the past - it failed, in no small part due to the tyre being worn to the cords  :shock: which just allowed the hole to grow very quickly when the bike was on the move - I know cos I was following him and watched the white gloop spot on the rear tyre grow bigger and bigger  :shy:

To help keep this thread on track, I too use an Airman pump after having it recommended to me by a riding pal. Have used it several times . . . on other folks tyres. And like kwackboy, I too retained a compressor from a previous car. I keep it in the garage and use an old battery to power it when tyres need some extra preassure  :grin:

Steve T

:icon_razz:
A weekend wasted isn't a wasted weekend

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red. 2021 Royal Enfield 500 Classic stealth.
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2022, 10:05:19 »
The main reason I sold my T120 was the fear of sudden punture and the need to remove the wheel to fix/ replace a punctured inner tube. I only use a bike with cast wheels. For me it's a "STOP AND GO" plug kit and a few CO2 bottles.  IIRC one CO2 gave about 7lb of pressure so I carry  6 of them. I also have a application pistol to hold the CO2 bottle as they go very cold very quickly and can freeze to unprotected fingers.
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline purplebikeunicorn

• Bike: DL650A L7
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2022, 02:28:26 »
Rusty, that's ingenious.

I actually have the innards of a tyre inflator in my "bits" drawer, from one where the electronics shit the bed, but the motor/inflator gubbins seemed to still work (and it's tiny!). I also have a 3D printer... oh dear what have you started!