Author Topic: Schuberth C3 Pro  (Read 1069 times)

Offline Artyman

• Bike: 2014 DL1000 & Yamaha 250
Schuberth C3 Pro
« on: April 06, 2022, 22:17:18 »
Anyone here own this helmet…?

Worth it?

Which intercom do you use, if you use one with the C3..?
Never let your karma run over your dogma...

Offline hill100

• Bike: DL1050XT M0
Re: Schuberth C3 Pro
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 11:23:48 »
Bought one from Chromeburners in January for £224 delivered. (no import tax was added. Its comfy for me but the venting on my Shoei neotec is better. I don't use an intercom.

Offline Artyman

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 18:07:19 »
Cheers. I’m determined to try a C3 on before I buy but I believe that if you’re head is the wrong shape it doesn’t fit, and knowing my luck…

Yeah, I thought about the Neotec as well, but it’s more than I’m prepared to pay, really. Looks nice and I’m sure in the long run it’d pay for itself, but, it’s a lot of dosh.

Part of the problem these days with shopping for something like this is there are very few shops that hold a good stock of helmets so to try on the one you want can be a bit difficult. Especially in your size. I’m tempted to buy one online, but then you’ve got all the hassle of returning it if it doesn’t fit. going to keep looking.

Offline Barbel Mick

• Bike: 800RE
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 18:51:07 »
Have a look at https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_cat/798
they are quick to post out & do free returns. I've found them great to deal with.
They also price match too.  :thumb:
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.

Offline hill100

• Bike: DL1050XT M0
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 19:00:56 »
I was comparing my C3 to the original Neotec. I bought last year the Neotec 2 but found it too heavy.(sold it on Ebay) It also did not ventilate nearly as good as the original Neotec. That led me to the C3. Tried one on at Infinity in Glasgow (£379) before buying mine from Chromeburners, Buying from Sportsbike shop in the UK is also a good call as their service is first class.

Offline endintears

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2022, 20:02:51 »
I've read that people have either Shoei or Arai or Schuberth etc etc heads so trying on different brands to get the correct fit in the correct size is important.
Go to a large retailer as I did and try on as many helmets as possible.

Schuberth for me [S2&C3PRO] so my luck was that the best for me was also amongst the most expensive :GRR:
I use the Schuberth SRC neck collar intercom which are a stupidly ridiculous price new but come up on FleaBay at more sensible money.
Just to complicate it a bit more I suggest you Google "the mark of Schuberth" which can afflict some including me but normally goes when a new helmet has been broken in after the first few hours of use.

Offline Oop North John

• Bike: DL650 M0, YB100 - 1990
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2022, 20:27:15 »
I had a couple of the Schuberth E1's, so wanted it to work, but the ba$tard things never were comfortable on my forehead. ought a Necotec 2 and from the first minute it was comfortable, and three years on it still is. Had the cash and got the integrated SRL intercom etc which works well for me, no pain in the ears and looks good, IMVHO.

Offline deecat

• Bike: DL800RE
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 22:56:32 »
 I am on my fourth C3 and I find them to be comfortable and the best for noise but still wear ear plugs.

One thing to watch for with Schuberth is there sizes are not the same as other manufactures ,I have a Shoei full face helmet which is a large 59/60cm whereas the C3 is extra large 60/61cm

The good thing with buying from Helmet city etc is you can  sit at home for a while to see if it fits you, which the wife did with her current helmet a Nolan 1005 as the C3 I bought for her gave her headache after an hour on the bike.

I bought a Neotech 1 and found it to be very noisy so you need to look at getting a good fit
We have used Autocom speakers in the helmets but have now changed over to a Cardo system which also fits.

Offline Artyman

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2022, 23:28:05 »
Thanks blokes….

I went to Edinburgh today and managed to find a shop that had a C3 Pro which I tried on, but to be honest, I didn’t like the fit. They didn’t have a C4 so I don't know.  I also tried on a Nolan 100-5 and a HJC i90. I liked the Nolan but I thought the Nolan was a bit fiddly with the chin mechanism and chin buckle but I liked the HJC as it fitted like a glove. Easy to raise the chin, too. I would have bought the HJC but it was yellow. I’m sorry, no offence to the blokes who have yellow bikes but I just can’t wear a flourescent yellow helmet… I just can’t…

So… just thinking about a HJC now. Shame about the Schu but I must have a weird head. Maybe I was dropped at birth…