Author Topic: Oxford Hot Grips  (Read 974 times)

Offline Danny

Oxford Hot Grips
« on: October 18, 2010, 21:17:29 »
Fitting a set of original grips this week, well trying to ...

Does the throttle twist need to be trimmed at the end to slide the grip on as it has a lip on end end where the old grip snugly went over .. ?

Offline Abercol

• Bike: 2016 Explorer XRT
Re: Oxford Hot Grips
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 13:38:51 »
The throttle tube needs the lip removed - best to do it off the bike, it cuts really easily so don't panic. but you can sctatch the aluminium cable holder badly if you do it on the bike (DAMHIK  :shy: ). You shouldn't have to trim the Oxford grips at all.

Offline Danny

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 13:55:45 »
Thanks for that ... I tackled it all yesterday and took the lips off with a precision sander, worked fine but did catch the cable holder a little .. however the new grip covers that all up nicely ...

Glad I did it when I did now given the drop in temp!

Cheers

Offline Lukey Bike

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 11:59:48 »
Be sure to regular check the connectors (not the battery ones) on the Oxford Hotgrips. They're not the best for weatherproofing and I've found on many an occasion I've got one grip or no grips working. Electrical spray, or ACF50 does the job. Love mine, though. Couldn't ride without them in winter. Or the handguards. Or the Exo2 heated vest...
2007 DL650
41,000 miles, R&G Crash protection, 17in front wheel, 53 litre Kappa top Box, Suzuki Engine guards, Ermax bellypan, Oxford heated grips, GSX-R1000 indicators, Scottoiler, Avon Storms, EBC pads,