Author Topic: cosmo centre stand  (Read 1027 times)

Offline colin

cosmo centre stand
« on: December 06, 2020, 19:05:12 »
Has anybody fitted a cosmo centre stand to a 2016 DL650 with lowered dog bones. I just wondered if the stand touches the lowered dog bones. and are the cosmo stands good quality. is there a dealer in the UK or do they come from Greece.

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
Re: cosmo centre stand
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 21:23:15 »
Can't answer specifically about the stand but I've bought other things from Cosmo and it's well made stuff. I bought direct from Greece. It was a painless process.
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

Offline Gert

• Bike: DL650 K5 Blue, DL650 K6 Red
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 06:31:02 »
My reply applies to all models V-Strom. From the reports on this and other sites, Cosmo stands are generally considered good quality. https://www.v-strom.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=38979.0  In response to your question of Cosmo having a local distributor, yes when I checked last. Not sure whether the discount in #4 of this link still applies. Worth looking into.
As far as the center stand clearance with lowered dog bones, yes, but the stand has to be modified / shortened for the now lowered dog bone height. This to allow for easier raising / lifting onto the main / center stand. Even the kick / side stand has to be shortened, to allow the bike to have enough lean angle. Insufficient lean angle, aka easy to knock / blow over in windy conditions or in general in a car park. https://www.v-strom.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=38736.0  Some members have been known to carry a plank / spacer, to ride the back wheel on to, prior to placing on the center stand. This makes it a lot easier moving the bike onto the center stand.

Offline oslin

• Bike: DL650A L5
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 15:07:01 »
I have lowered dog bones with a standard main and side stand and have no trouble either putting it on the main stand, or the side stand holding the bike up to far.

Offline colin

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 16:10:04 »
https://www.v-strom.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=38979.0
just looking at the photos put on here by weestromer.  That square section bar welded across the centre stand looks very close to the shock link. the low dog bones are longer than standard ones so might touch. not a problem to shorten it, I lowered the bike 4 years ago when I bought it new. cut 1" from sidestand and welded the foot back on. put a extra bump stop on the shocker so it didn't come in contact under rear mudguard. dropped front forks 15mm. low seat.