Author Topic: XT 1050  (Read 809 times)

Offline STORMY

• Bike: Triumph 1200 GT Pro
XT 1050
« on: November 14, 2020, 15:47:53 »
In a bored lockdown moment I wrote to Suzuki GB not really expecting an answer........
I told them I was an existing owner and liked their product etc blah blah, and the new 1050 XT would be a perfect fit for me with two exceptions.
I want the cruise control to function from 3rd gear and above not 4th, so you can ride through 30 mph zones on cruise.
&
A cast wheels option (my local dealer offered a fudge on this one, if they had a customer buying the base model and he/she was prepared to swap they’d take care of it).
I received a reply within 2 days (impressed) it doesn’t solve the main issues for me, but they issued a reference number and advised it’s been passed onto the factory.
If you ignore your teeth, eventually they’ll go away

Offline ukiboy

Re: XT 1050
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 14:54:42 »
Fair play to Suzuki U.K. for the reply..
I really like Suzuki; in a world of ever increasingly complicated and big and pricey bikes, they seem to provide the antidote of simpler, cheaper and reliable bikes.

Offline STORMY

• Bike: Triumph 1200 GT Pro
Re: XT 1050
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 21:30:05 »
I feel the same, honest bikes that won’t set the world on fire and even if it was more or less a stock answer at least they took the time and trouble.
Now let’s see if they offer up these options in 2021 come on Suzuki it won’t cost you anything and very easy to do
If you ignore your teeth, eventually they’ll go away