Author Topic: Help with accessories  (Read 851 times)

Offline AcesFull7

• Bike: V Strom 650
Help with accessories
« on: August 25, 2020, 09:57:17 »

Hello people hope all is well. I'm sitting here waiting for Friday to come to pick up my first big boy bike and I cannot wait, I'm sitting here looking at what I want to add to it when I get it (DL650 2017). so I'm after some advice where and what make to get of the following items please.

Tank protector - ?
Mirrors - Halfords
Screen - thinking Givi airflow?
Engine bars - heed ?
Skid Plate- heed?
Centre stand - heed?
Panniers - Givi trekker outbacks- don't Know what size to get, to make them match, do they have to be same size or one smaller for exhaust?
Pannier rack-  I want a givi one but do they make the rapid release ones for Trekker outback?
Wiring loom - ?
Accessory bar for gps or phone mount - ?
Tool tube and fittings - ?
Anything else people recommend or things I should know about ie things that won't work together.

Offline rus998

• Bike: DL650XTA L6, Vincent Comet
Re: Help with accessories
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 03:59:21 »
At the end of the day it depends on what you are going to use the bike for. One trip a year to Scotland then fit a tank bag and top box. 20 thousand miles touring Europe then fit everything that money can buy  :lala: I have spent a small fortune adding bits to my Strom but that is me and I like a bit of bling on my bike. Things to add. Givi screen, Bigpie fusebox for your spots etc, crashbars, Aprilia mirrors, heated grips, Panniers (as big as what you need to carry).

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 10:45:11 »
+1 on Bigpie's aux wiring loom.
Zorst is selling an unused one cheap here  https://www.v-strom.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=38681.msg396134;topicseen#msg396134

You might want the fork brace he's selling too?

Offline jabmotorsport

• Four Time Quad Bike Champion
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 12:21:58 »
Firstly, Congratulations  :happydance:

There is no rush to get everything done all in one go, for me part of the appeal is adding bit by bit and enjoying the difference the new thing makes (if that makes sense).

My usual order is something like this:
1. Power of some sort - BigPie fuse box is the easiest and most value for money way to go here. This opens up options for all sorts of stuff and makes life a lot easier.
2. Heated grips - If you've had them before you know, if not your missing out.
3. If you go touring, luggage - I prefer stuff like the trekker outbacks you mentioned but entirley personal preference.
4. Crash bars/bash plate - always a good idea.
5. Screen - Yes, the airflow works well with these bikes - especially in combination with the Halfords/Aprillia Tuono mirrors.

Hope that helps in some convoluted way. More importantly, get out and ride it!  :auto-dirtbike: :auto-dirtbike:

tinker, tweek, fettle....bodge, bang, bugger!!!

Offline Jose

• Bike: DL650
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 19:45:55 »
Check CrossPro accessories they are great