Author Topic: DL650 abs 2012  (Read 704 times)

Offline KrisD

• Bike: DL650ABS, SV1000S, SV650X, GSXRF711
DL650 abs 2012
« on: February 09, 2020, 17:46:11 »
Hello, I'm new here basically looking for advice for my daughters DL650 ABS 2012. She had a minor spill on a muddy lane due to lack of experience. Minor damage including tearing off the front mud-guard and an indicator, nothing much else. Anyway, she was in Norwich, I'm in Kettering so I went and got it. Replaced the indicator and took off the guard 'till we got a new one and checked it over.

She then rode back to Norwich everything seeming fine; but on the way home H/L's wouldn't dip and ABS light came on and stayed on. Next day she went out to it and it wouldn't start, so I had to go and get it again! To cut a long story short the fuel pump wouldn't run but after a lit of fiddling it decided to and now it runs quite happily again.

But the ABS light still won't go out. No apparent damage anywhere, fuses OK, I don't know where to start. Getting the tank off is a pain and I know nothing about ABS anywhere, not even where the controller/modulator is.

Anyone got any advice or had anything similar?

My own bikes are an SV1000S and a GSXR711. I usually do just about everything myself but this kind of thing is a pain.

KrisD

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
Re: DL650 abs 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 17:55:00 »
Hi...  :welcome2:
If the mudguard got ripped off it's possible the wire to the abs sensor has been damaged. 
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline oslin

• Bike: DL650A L5
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 19:20:55 »
or the sensor gap has moved which will create the fault you mention

Offline Barbel Mick

• Bike: 800RE
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 20:15:09 »
As above, the ABS sensor is at the bottom of the r/h fork leg with the cable running up it.
Also the 'bike has a tip over sensor under the seat, near the battery if that hasn't reset properly the bike won't start & I think will show  CHEC on the display. Not sure how you reset it other than maybe making sure it's not unseated from it's fixing & giving it a little tap. Switching the ignition on & off a few times may help too.
Mick

Retired Breakfast Tester and semi professional tumbler.