Author Topic: Rear Preload adjustment V1K  (Read 867 times)

Offline kellyboy

• Bike: DL1000 L9
Rear Preload adjustment V1K
« on: March 08, 2019, 16:09:11 »
I am currently running 36mm of sag on the rear suspension with myself in full kit. Does anyone on the forum have a "ballpark" figure of how much in mm each click of the rear preload adjuster makes in respect of the ride height. I'm aiming for 48mm of sag and the click figure would make doing the adjustment on my own a lot easier. Any advice appreciated. :)

Offline Paz324

• Bike: CB1000RAJ
Re: Rear Preload adjustment V1K
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 16:36:36 »
Its impossible to gauge how much one click of the preload adjustment would affect your sag, things like the age usage how it was stored and even fitted accessories can all alter how the rear spring will compress on your bike.

Your rear spring might of settled more than others or less, even the smallest of accessories mounted on the front end can have a slight affect.

I'd confidently say if you're aiming for exact sag measurements it needs to be done on a bike by bike basis..

Offline porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 19:15:58 »
Reduce the preload to zero,  add 5 clicks, measure with feeler gauges how  far the  preload collar moves out from  the shock body, add or remove clicks till you know how many are required  for 1mm of preload
On my Wilbers shock it's 6 clicks  for 1mm of preload

Offline kellyboy

• Bike: DL1000 L9
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 21:08:36 »
Thanks for the advice gents. It looks like it will have to be incremental trial and error for me. My good lady, who will be re engaged as measure monitor whilst I sit my fat Donkey on the bike will be thrilled-Not.! Regards Dave.