Author Topic: Suzuki Centre Stand Corrosion  (Read 816 times)

Offline Youngman

• Bike: DL650 AL21, CBR954 '03
Suzuki Centre Stand Corrosion
« on: September 14, 2019, 15:03:49 »
So a mate came over and donated a bunch of bits from the DL650 he sold, including a Centre Stand (or Center as some spell it). I'm assuming its a Suzuki stand because there aren't the mounting plates 'n stuff you get with non-Suzuki stands. Just two bolts, sleeves, spring and stand.
Due to the fact the thing is slung under the bike (out of sight ...) it hadn't had much in the way of attention. One of the sleeves had to be gently drifted out of the stand and the corrosion is all there to see (if this pic upload thingy works Senor Rat  :))
So its off to the Powder Coaters for a blast and coating. Then grease up the sleeves and away we go (why do the Japanese have an aversion to grease nipples?????)
So this is just a heads up if anyone else out there has a centre-stand. It might be worth having a look?
It's difficult to soar with the Eagles when you're really a Turkey

Online Fat Rat

• Administrator
  • Bloke/Geezer/Fella
  • Bike: DL650A L6, K8 DL1000 & Tenere 700
Re: Suzuki Centre Stand Corrosion
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 15:18:29 »
The only people who call them Center Stands are Americans, Europeans who learned English from Americans or uneducated British people. 
*** Bikers Campsite in West Wales ***

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit

Visit the V-Strom.co.uk shop today!

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
Re: Suzuki Centre Stand Corrosion
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 15:27:28 »
The mounting plates were likely left on his old bike as they are a pita to remove.

I bought a centre stand for my k6 and a previous owner had fitted one, then removed it but left the plates. I swapped them for the new ones. But you do need them.

They are not sold by anyone as a solo part.

Check your bike has them or else the stand is useless.

Ride Coordinator