Author Topic: Wee has been bought  (Read 5289 times)

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
Re: Wee has been bought
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2018, 12:08:05 »
Back to common-sense! Thanks oslin :thumb:  I wonder if the dealer has run all the checks on the bike? cCould still be a bargain
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline oslin

• Bike: DL650A L5
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2018, 12:55:26 »
Agreed,
All I can say about this is I bought an Aprilia last year and have since traded it for the V-strom but the Aprilia Dealer in Kent listed all the details about the bike from service history to clock change, true mileage to past owners, for more detail than I was expecting, I also had that with the V-strom from another Dealer in Kings Lynn, I do not think they would of done that unless they had to, so I think there must be some legal requirement to supply all the info about the bike they are selling.

Offline Munchen

• Looking for a DL1000
  • Bike: VFR800
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2018, 17:13:20 »
The sum up and put this thread firmly to bed, the bike is a K7.  Spoke again to the seller today and he was adamant that the bike is a 2010 model so either he is a muppet or he he thinks I am.

In any case, first reg. in 2010, less than 5000km on the clock and I got the new number plate made up this morning so it's all systems go.  Picking it up on Saturday morning.

I've missed being on two wheels so I took my Tiger to work this morning.  Was a bit nippy though  :bawl:

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2018, 05:36:45 »
Pedant alert.
Pickles was the hero dog who found the stolen World Cup in 1966. Just in time for England to win it by beating Germany. :old:
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline oslin

• Bike: DL650A L5
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2018, 09:50:17 »
You have made the decision Munchen now all you have to do is ride it and enjoy, have fun buddy

Offline sjrainsford

• Bike: DL650 L4 and 2008 Vespa GTS300 Super
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2018, 20:09:04 »
Great choice.  Hope you like it.

If you live in the part of Germany that your name would suggest, then you live in a stunning place with the roads to enjoy a bike like that.  Come to think of it, Germany in general is a great country with some lovely roads and scenery.  Need to get my arse over there again some time soon.

Offline Munchen

• Looking for a DL1000
  • Bike: VFR800
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2018, 16:18:16 »
You're not wrong mate.  Southern Bavaria and just across the Austrian border is indeed absolutely superb for biking.  I've covered quite a lot of it already and I always appreciate how lucky I am to live here.  I'm originally from Kent and the best trip I could do there was down to Hastings.

Here's a photo of a group I went out with on a day trip to a little Swiss place called Samnaun.  This was taken in Landeck, a breathtaking place in the mountains of Austria.

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2018, 16:57:01 »
Great scenery  :thumb:
You are very lucky to have prime riding roads on your doorstep infact, anywhere in the Alps is great riding and highly recommend, I love it .
Chief trouble maker 🙂