Author Topic: Low Speed Throttle Response  (Read 5367 times)

Offline paulja

• Bike: DL1000XT L8
Re: Low Speed Throttle Response
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2018, 20:21:37 »
Captain, mine is an L8. Also since the heatwave the engine has been a lot better at low RPM!
In my defence, she did leave me unsupervised.

Offline Robster66

• Bike: Suzuki Vstrom 1000 XT
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2018, 20:20:03 »
Hello,
Just got a new Strom 1k, generally loving the bike however, the low speed throttle response is awful, it basically feels like an on/off switch with no fine control.
On low speed manoeuvres, mini roundabouts or tight corners, the throttle is impossibly abrupt. The slightest closing of the throttle (and I do mean the most minute of backing off), and it’s like applying the brakes. This is annoying, or potentially dangerous at worst, I have to slip the clutch to varying degrees to get round this.
I’m struggling to accept that Suzuki couldn’t fix this before the bike was released for sale, clearly the test ride bit of the development should have flagged this as a problem. I’m reluctant to retro fit any electronic widget and risk my warranty, is there any solution that wouldn’t risk invalidating the warranty ?, or is low speed clutch slipping going to be the price to pay for an otherwise good bike !

Offline Griff2

• Bike: DL1000 L6
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2018, 08:45:40 »
The good news is that with mileage the problem seems to have lessened somewhat on my bike. Of course I am aware that this could be warm weather related given that we are in a heatwave. I have seen a suggestion elsewhere that in addition to the transition between maps, that the butterflies could be sticking a little when the throttle is closed. Again some use over mileage could be relieving that on my bike. Whatever is causing it is however not bothering me as much with 4500kms on the odometer.

Offline paulja

• Bike: DL1000XT L8
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2018, 00:11:51 »
Griff2, I'm wondering the same thing bud... heat or mileage, or both  :shrug:
In my defence, she did leave me unsupervised.