Author Topic: FI Light on  (Read 935 times)

Offline jwmitch

• Bike: 2006 DL1000GT Silver
FI Light on
« on: March 09, 2018, 13:49:31 »
Hi,

I haven't ridden or started the Vee since last October, just kept the battery topped up. The bike started first time this morning, but the FI symbol was flashing, and the red light stayed on. I rode the bike around the block and it seemed to be running fine. So I turned the ignition off, waited a few seconds, turned it back on and the FI symbol, and red light had gone.  Rode the bike from Gloucester to Worcester and back without any issues.
The plugs were replaced, and the throttle bodies had been adjusted when I bought the bike.
Is this common?

Cheers

jwmitch.
Running on empty

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
Re: FI Light on
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 18:46:22 »
Might have been the actuator, It's the part that adjusts the secondary butterflys on your throttle bodies. They sometimes get stuck when not used for a while . 
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline Metro Strommer

• Bike: V Strom 650
Re: FI Light on
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 11:03:29 »
My F1 light drove me and the dealer mad everything was changed still happening I eventually took it up with Suzuki and they advised me to get my clutch switched checked dealer said he would just order me a new one I was convinced I was being fobbed offm new switch fitted no more F1 issues that was 2 years ago