Author Topic: Repair stolen V-Strom  (Read 7816 times)

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
Re: Repair stolen V-Strom
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2017, 11:29:06 »
Thanks for the offer but We also need the RHS one ... Already ordered the pair , so a spare lefty is going to be available.   
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Offline angelo_lopes

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2017, 12:39:36 »
Brian, please go ahead. Now we know where to bring the bike for repair. Winter is bad for the batteries, higher temperatures ares coming, but if the bike needs a new battery, please install a Yuasa or something that will last. I have a friend who had problems with a "China" battery.
No discussion about changing airfilter, pads, oil and oil filter. As for the rear tyre we like the Anakee II mainly on wet conditions.

@bigpie, kwackboy replied earlier :(
--
Angelo Lopes da Silva
Porto, Portugal

Offline angelo_lopes

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2017, 15:39:17 »
That's pretty clear, isn't it?

Yes it is, bosnjo but I never heard about such a cover. I also never heard about someone paying for a bike insurance €500 a year.

I have 3 cars and 6 motorbikes. For car branch as we say in Portugal I pay 8 insurances. One of the bikes is a motocross YZ250. Since I have a good insurance portfolio, I asked my corrector and the answer he gave me was the following, confirming what you said:

In Own damages Lusitania even makes the Monthly devaluation. In the case of Motorbikes, they can not make the system devaluation, but of course, after 3 years the value of the motorcycle is no longer the same. In case of Total Loss, it will be difficult to receive this amount, but the easier answer is that they pay ... The truth is that in court they have to pay, because they are accepting the risk for € 12600 and to charge premium on this, but the experience that I have is that the payment would never be peaceful.

If it was correct to take out insurance like they did with your friend, it would be a great bargain for anyone wanting to act in bad faith, and we know that a Total loss of a motorcycle is not a difficult situation to happen.
--
Angelo Lopes da Silva
Porto, Portugal

Offline angelo_lopes

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2017, 19:43:50 »
Bike is ready.  Lightning fast!!  Yoke came from Italy!!
They broke the spigots where the ignition switch tightens

With a VERY BIG THANK YOU to Brian, here you go with the promised pics. Luxus service with pictures and all heheheh
In London BurWin is the place to go with your bike

--
Angelo Lopes da Silva
Porto, Portugal

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red. 2021 Royal Enfield 500 Classic stealth.
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2017, 20:06:40 »
 :thumb:
Fast work eh!
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline Holmsey

• Bike: DL650 L9
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2017, 04:57:28 »
Told you he was good  :thumb:
Life on two wheels is better than 4 because the wife don't go on two wheels                " I'M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE "

IBA Member
RBLR 1000 - 2018 -2019
Armistice 1000 - 2018