Author Topic: DL650 AK7 UK headlamp reflectors , gauge faces  (Read 1469 times)

Offline Marmach

• Bike: DL650 AK7
DL650 AK7 UK headlamp reflectors , gauge faces
« on: May 05, 2016, 22:53:38 »
Hi

I'm here for business (at least for now) so I decided not to spam the introductions, I hope that's OK :)

I have two parts removed from my DL650 to sell. Since my Wee came to Poland from UK long ago, they aren't very useful to me and it seems that I'm the first owner here who cared to change them.

The first thing are the headlamp reflectors. They are in perfect shape, no scratches, never cleaned with sandpaper, never used with torches instead of H4 bulbs, everything like in Walmart and AS SEEN ON TV. The dust that you see in the photos can be removed with compressed air, but since I don't have one I didn't want to scratch the reflectors.

The reflectors are UK type of course. I guess they have some imperial superpower, maybe the light is leaving them at miles per light year rather than kilometers per light year ? Or maybe they make French friends angry :grin: . Anyway, they might be useful for someone who:
a) recently got an old Wee as a birthday present from her/his German aunt, who somehow forgot to send a tank instead
b) made a hole in reflectors with a screwdriver while desperately trying to set lights to a desired height in the middle of the s*itstorm
c) is in love with a hardcore Suzuki fan and wants to make nice candle holders for the dinner
d) wants to ask a Suzuki mirror about the beauty, but doesn't like to go to garage every time
e) <put your reason here>.

It's relatively easy to disassemble the headlight (feel free to ask!), so if you want to modify a continental lamp, my reflectors can be useful.

The second thing are the gauge faces. They are in mph as you can see. I had to replace them, because my AK7 was running too slow (0-100 in 15 seconds, what?) and police couldn't properly measure my speed. Or whatever. They are in perfect condition so again: if your German aunt... blah blah blah.... you can buy them from me, since I don't know what to do with them anyway.

If you are interested you can contact me by forum message, email or here. I can send those parts directly or ask my friend in Telford for help. I can even not sell them to you if you don't want them and in such case I just hope you liked this ad ;)

Photos:

Offline Jameswigan

• Bike: VStrom 650 GT 09
Re: DL650 AK7 UK headlamp reflectors , gauge faces
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 19:28:50 »
Hi how much for the gauges.mine has a slight bubble where the screw attaches on the rev counter and it bugs the life out of me,was going to get some from a company in Poland but unsure yet ???? Thanks

Offline Marmach

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 20:21:08 »

Hi... I don't know, how much do you want to pay? ;) 15£ including shipping is OK? (priority registered mail)

BTW, I currently use faces made by the company you mentioned (most probably because I know only one company in PL that makes them). They are of slightly lower quality (mine had very little scratches and they transmit light a bit unevenly), but they work fine for me, so if you don't decide to buy from me you should also be satisfied.

Offline gicsie

• thud thud thud thud thud
  • Bike: DL650A K7
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 18:48:39 »
Hi!
Do you still have the UK reflectors? I am on a DL650 2007 hoping these will fit on an European bike going to the island..
Cheers
Paul

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 05:37:26 »
Doh!. :dl_ninite:
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline Marmach

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 21:36:12 »

Hi! They are safe and sound, I haven't touched them since I wrote the first post, so if you are in the mood for some DIY, let me know ;-)