Author Topic: Lust Racing Lowering Kit  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Cris

Lust Racing Lowering Kit
« on: September 21, 2016, 08:13:23 »
Just fitted Lust Racing's lowering kit. I have done 8,500 miles since buying the bike in March this year and love it, "but" with a 29" inside leg, suspension set with correct sag and a Seargent seat for long distance comfort the stretch to the ground was a bit of a challenge.
Yes I know I can flat foot on one side if I hang my arse off which I have been doing, thought I would add that before getting all the advice on how to ride a motorcycle.
I was a bit concerned about a change in handling and ground clearance, but these have not proved to be a problem (I do not off road beyond the odd unmade road). Forks are dropped through the yolks 15mm, rear end down 30mm. Turn in is hardly affected.
Side stand works with no alteration and I can still use the SW Motech centre stand with a bit of a grunt.
I am well pleased with the result. I can paddle the bike backwards easier, put my foot down easier, centre of gravity dropped a little, which helps all round.
I couldn't find much info from those who have had this done (there are plenty) so I hope this helps anyone who is wondering about lowering their motorcycle.
Cheers Chris

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
Re: Lust Racing Lowering Kit
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 23:32:02 »
Good idea, Cris. Ta for the feedback, I was wondering about what the 1000 is like for lowering... :thumb:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi