Author Topic: A few of my special bikes for sale  (Read 1691 times)

Offline Mark Shelley

• Bike: GW250 SV650N
A few of my special bikes for sale
« on: September 02, 2016, 14:36:27 »
The wife and I have decided we are going to buy a holiday let property as we are fed up with our savings earning sweet FA in interest and consequently I am selling some of my collection, most of which were bought mainly for investment purposes. Here are the ads.
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C784336
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C784330
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C784303

I also have my BMW R1100GS for sale.
BMW R1100GS with some nice extras

I bought this bike a couple of years ago when a local bike shop took it as a trade in. At the time my current GS had over 120K on it so it was too good an opportunity to miss as bikes with 20K miles don't come up very often. It has had three previous owners. And I have Mot's back to 2002, which would have been its first one, being a 1999 bike. The bike has full MOT. Current mileage is 27365, but may go up slightly.
 The bike recently took the wife and I up the West coast of Scotland and last year all over the Pyrennees. I am not getting any younger and have decided to downsize to a V Strom 650 which is already in the garage.
 The original Marrakesh red tank, which has perfect paint, is safely tucked away in the garage and will go with the bike. It currently has the highly desirable 1150GSA tank so has a range of 300 miles. The tank has the correct innards so registers on the digital fuel gauge correctly. The tank has a dent on the one side and a little scuff on the other but it also comes with a matching baglux tank cover.
 It also has the highly desirable Wilburs shocks at both ends which really are a vast improvement over the originals. They have done about 5K. Front shock has a shock-sock to protect it. Originals will go with the bike.
 The riders seat is a Corbin which I had recovered with the basket weave vinyl as I wasn't keen on the slippery leather. The pillion seat is also Corbin, still in leather.
 Other additions are as follows;-
 MRA adjustable screen which is the best for these bikes. Original will go with the bike.
 Givi pannier rails. The mushooms and toblerone bits are currently removed as I had my ARD Cases fitted, but they will go with the bike.
 The Givi base plate is (quite obviously ) a home grown affair. We found the standard set-up put the box too close to the pillion seat. To counteract the increased lever-arm effect I braced t back to the pannier rail. You could compare it to a female Russian weightlifter.....strong as you like, but not great to look at.
 Lockable tool box cover.
 Touratech head covers.
 Rider footpeg lowering kit.
 Givi spotlights which work on dip and can be switched off independently.
 All three fuel lines have quick release connectors.
 Braided brake lines front and rear. These are all about a moth old.
 Wally flaps.
 Ice hockey puck fitted to side stand base.
 The rear hugger thingy and the sump guard will go with the bike.
 There is some corrosion in the usual place on the front of the engine.
 I dare say lots of you will be asking if I will be willing to sell the tank, and/or shocks seperately, but for the time being I intend to leave them on the bike.
 Asking price is £3500 to partly reflect the extras. I expect the shocks and tank alone would fetch £800 to £900 between them.

Offline Mark Shelley

Re: A few of my special bikes for sale
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 14:39:02 »
I forgot to add that I will take 21K for all four  :grin:

Offline Gassoon

• Quotes Museum Curator & Moderator
  • Bike: DL650X L7
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 23:01:41 »
Nice collection, Mark  :) :thumb:
"I am a dignified citizen of the area, not a fox-faced vagabond in an over-fancy hat!"

Work Experience Stasi

Offline Mark Shelley

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 23:27:24 »
Thanks.
A couple saw the light of day for the first time in several months today and even my wife questioned me selling the Guzzi. It is such a lovely looking thing with real soul, but you can't have everything unfortunately. I will still have three roadworthy bikes if I sell this lot so I can't complain.

Offline Mark Shelley

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 11:06:46 »
Moto Guzzi just sold to the first viewer and I think he is a happy bunny, as he should be!

Offline Mark Shelley

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 11:17:40 »
Ducati 916 also now sold.
I can`t believe the GSXR is still here. It is a great bike!