Author Topic: On Your Bike Aylesbury  (Read 3358 times)

Offline Brucey

• Bike: 2013 V-strom 650 (Voyager pack), 1971 Honda C90.
On Your Bike Aylesbury
« on: January 06, 2016, 17:55:05 »
Given the 'invisible man' treatment by two staff at their desks when I went from their clothing building to the bike selling building to use the toilet. Good job I wasn't wavering over changing the bike, as they would have definitely lost a sale.

Excellent service from the 2nd sales person I met in the clothing dept though, just a shame that the 1st person I saw there chose to have a 10% business / 90% personal telephone conversation with a supplier rather than give me advice regarding a new leather jacket.

Offline MotoPG

• Bike: V-Strom 650XT
Re: On Your Bike Aylesbury
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 19:29:29 »
Excellent shop with great selection of quality products, knowledge and customer service.

Always try and venture there or to JustMoto if I have time, rather than visiting Infinity.

Offline strop

• Bike: DL650 L5
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 22:00:01 »
never been impressed by on Your bike,

Offline Brucey

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 19:32:20 »
Agree completely about the range of products, and the excellent service from the bloke that eventually dealt with me, but on that day three out of the four members of staff I encountered that day failed completely to offer any service at all. There was only one other customer in the clothing bit, and NO other customers in the bike sales bit, so there was really no excuse at all. If the clothing chap hadn't been so good I would have walked out and bought it elsewhere.
I'm sad rather than angry, as I think that the opportunity to speak to a knowledgeable salesperson is really important and worth spending a bit more to have. Local bike shops NEED people to use them or they go bust, and we all have to go further to buy bikes and gear. Why staff think it's OK to treat customers the way they did is completely beyond me.

Offline Brockett

• Bike: 2022 Moto Guzzi 850 V7 special in blue, 2022 850 V7 Stone in darkest black, 1998 XJ600n in red. 2021 Royal Enfield 500 Classic stealth.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 01:29:08 »
Poor customer service is a sign of poor management/ supervision.
The message is "take your business elsewhere".
This doesn't last forever, so do it while you can.

Offline grumps

• Bike: DL650A M0, BMW R1250RT. Yamaha X-Max 300
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 10:06:32 »
Send them a link to this thread
If money can't buy happiness - explain motorbikes and beer.

Offline Brucey

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 19:44:36 »
Will do. What I didn't put in the original post was that when I asked where the toilet was the chap took the piss out of me for not seeing the big red arrow on the wall. He soon shut up when I pointed out that it whilst he could see it from where he was, from where I was standing it was hidden behind one of the glass wall supports. Bad enough being made to feel I was interrupting something terribly important, but being laughed at adds insult to injury.  :clap: The jacket is bloody good though. (Furygan Houston Amo 2).

Offline jabmotorsport

• Four Time Quad Bike Champion
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 18:56:25 »
that's a shame .. Steve did me a great deal on my super tenere over the phone and turned out to be a top bloke when I got there ..

Manners cost nothing, being only a young lad I get the silent treatment all the time. Best one I had was in a BMW dealer, I asked the women if I could pull one of the bikes out to sit on it (the bikes were all filthy by the way!!) and she looked up and down before saying "if you think you can manage" in a sarcastic tone. After I had pulled the bike out and jumped on it, I quickly put it back and informed her I would be keeping my super tenere a bit longer  :haha:
tinker, tweek, fettle....bodge, bang, bugger!!!

Offline bigsimmo

• Bike: DL1000 K8 in blue / glee in red
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 00:31:42 »
my son and I both got our bikes from oyb, I found them to be good to both of us.
when my son got his bike we had a great deal [hard work to get it] the man called steve steped in and in the end we got the bike for £300 more than they paid for it. [we saw all the sale history]
when we went to get the bike it was not ready, 30min wait, this was because it had to have a new rear tyre and a new set of headers,[they looked OK to me, but they found a small hole] I supose the headers had to be delivered, anyway bike handed over on the corect day, and on time if we hadn't got there just after opening time.
new mot, service, new dunlop tyre, new headers, I think it might cost them to sell it.
I'm not trying to big them up for all I know we got lucky, just how we found it that's all.
will I go back for service work, no, only coz we got a great little work shop in witney called RTM  http://www.righttrackmotorcycles.co.uk/home

steve
DL1000 K8 in blue / DL650 glee in red