Author Topic: Finally a 'All Year Biker' in Yorkshire  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Dingerb68

Finally a 'All Year Biker' in Yorkshire
« on: March 27, 2016, 23:45:00 »
Went to Sherburn-in-Elmet (of Squires milk bar fame) today to get my bike the 'All Year Biker' treatment. Josh Toes is the new rep and I have to say he is a all round good bloke. The weather when I arrived was blue sky's with a few clouds, Josh set up a Gazebo on his drive and started about cleaning my bike (I must admit I try to keep it clean myself),he rinsed the bike down with a pressure washer, then Josh got into all the nooks and crannies with different brushes and potions. All de-greased where it needed de-greasing followed by a snow foam shower. Rinsed off and then dried with a snazzy little blow dryer and numerous micro fibre cloths. Then a generous application of ACF50 via a compressed air spray gun, having first masked off my tyres and brakes. Finally finishing off with a wax applications to paintwork, screen, panniers and top box. The only issue we had was between the ACF application and the wax, the wind picked up, the heavens opened and hail fell near vertical (so not really falling), the Gazebo though strapped down on three corners began to lift. I hang on to one edge of the frame and Josh the other, I thought we were going to visit the Wizard of Oz? It even managed to pull part of a brick wall over, then five minutes later blue sky's again, but alas very wet roads. So by the time I got home she needed a rinse down again  :bawl:  ### but at least there was nice ACF50 under that dirt protecting my bike  :)