Author Topic: SMC Sheffield  (Read 1956 times)

Offline mikefinch

• mike finch
  • Bike: 2014 V Strom DL650A, Vespa PX150
SMC Sheffield
« on: September 10, 2016, 22:05:16 »
Took my motorcycle in for a valve check to SMC Sheffield .
Their Service Department did such a neat job you'd almost think it hadn't been touched.
 They even managed to get the lightly rusted retaining  bolts back in exactly the same position without disturbing the rust.
When I was buying a new bike from SMC they never left me alone.
When I needed service/warranty work  they were difficult to get hold of. Left messages for the Service Department to get back to me 4 times throughout one day
   No one had the courtesy to return my calls. 
Only when I ranted a bit and requested a call from the General Manager did I get a response.
I use J&S at Doncaster now.  Nice people and  have had excellent    service. 
I'd just like to add this is an honest review. I'm just an ordinary bloke who loves motorcycles, doesn't mind paying for good service but hates being lied to.
Mike Finch

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
Re: SMC Sheffield
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 22:29:58 »
That doesn't sound good. I'm like you, bad service and I'll go elsewhere. Am baffled some places stay open...

Offline Hugh Mungus

• Bike: Fazer 1000
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 04:12:22 »
I hate shoddy service. I often tell them they've lost a future customer. One bloke even said he didn't care but his colleague looked concerned when I said I'd be spending my money at their competitors shop. I also like to name and shame - especially on Facebook as most businesses have their own page, word does get round!

Offline bigpie

• Site Donator
  • Bike: DL650
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 07:05:00 »
They had my bike 4 weeks for the valve check recall. A week later my throttle got stuck on when a loose relay jammed. They were the last under the tank, they also scratched my frame.