Author Topic: Cracking Deal  (Read 1341 times)

Offline pb

• Bike: V Strom 650 2015 in blue
Cracking Deal
« on: February 28, 2016, 08:56:52 »
Just ordered my new 650 al5  :icon_drool5:. Pre reg in late December 15 so on a 65 plate, zero miles. £5399 OTR for the basic bike, I'm adding lots of extras, Vario screen, knuckle guards, belly pan, centre stand, Givi top box and quick release panniers. Got the whole lot on 0% from Preston Superbikes, they are taking my Dragstar in p/ex at a fair price , should be delivered about the second week of Feb, they will collect my bike at the same time, can't wait. :lala:
I've read nothing but good reports about the Vstrom so I can't wait to own one. This site has been great for reading other people experiences of their own bikes and lots of interesting info on service costs, tyres etc.
It would be great to meet up with some of you later in the year, when the weather improves, also hoping to get involved in the ooh la la tour in June with Mrs B. I've already spoken to joerocket about the trip, just need to organise the rest of the visit to France and then should be able to confirm dates and times.
All I need now is for the bike to be delivered quickly so I can get some miles under my belt while we are having this nice dry weather.
When I get the bike I'm thinking of adding a 12v socket for a Sat Nav, has anyone done this? Where is the best place to site it (in the dash or under the seat) and is the wiring easy? I'm not much of a mechanic.
Thanks
Pete

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
Re: Cracking Deal
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 09:18:00 »
Well done on getting a deal you're happy with!!

Power sockets are a common addition and there are many ways to do it.  If you are buying a bike specific TomTom then they have a powered mount that you wire up to the battery or switched power supply. If it is a general usb power supply for a phone then do a search on here. I have just fitted a wired-in usb supply to my bike which has no socket, just a lead with a micro usb connector on the end and again the controller is wired to my fuse box. Not the best solution for everyone, but was exactly what I needed for my application.
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

ProfG

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 09:59:46 »
Surely you mean 65 plate if it was registered in Dec 15

Offline Joe Rocket

• Bike: DL650A L5, Kawasaki GPX750R
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 10:17:21 »
Nice to see you're as chuffed with your Glee as I am with mine. Look forward to seeing you again later in the year!

Enjoy!

Joe  :grin:
So how's it going so far then?

Offline pb

• Bike: V Strom 650 2015 in blue
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 10:40:26 »
65 Plate  :violence-smack:

Offline petestrom

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 19:10:56 »
Sounds like you had a good deal, hope you're happy with it.  :thumb:
Pete

Make someone's day, it'll come back to you sometime.