Author Topic: Full arrow exhaust system  (Read 2091 times)

Offline scottie1963

• New plate looks good lol
  • Bike: DL1000 L4
Full arrow exhaust system
« on: December 26, 2016, 17:42:22 »
Please can someone tell me what else I will need I.e. tre / power commander or other as I will lose the butterfly valve

Many thanks

Scottie
Near Dover if members need a stop over

Offline TLPower

• Bike: ThunderBastard (KTM 1190 ADV)
Re: Full arrow exhaust system
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 19:09:38 »
Earth calling Wurzel.......
To be happy, I don't need private helicopters,a Florida house or a yacht. I'm fine with my motorcycle,a trip to a forest in Bavaria and some lunch money.

Walter Rohrl.

Offline kwackboy

• Bike: BMW F800GS Adventure, Honda SH300i squirt and go...!!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 21:21:59 »
Power commander with either a generic map downloaded from their website or far better a custom map on a dyno. You will also need a lamba sensor eliminator plug of some kind (to stop the FI light flashing) as this will need to be removed because it will work against the power commander. 
FYI .. you may also be able to disconnect the ecu wire that runs the lamba sensor , doing this will also stop the FI light.  I've done this on a Vee but unsure as to what colour wire to disconnect on a your bike . Someone else may have that info .
Chief trouble maker 🙂

Online porter

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 11:41:43 »
Hi scottie. You need a servo buddy for the exhaust butterfly, I've seen them on ebay, a power commander with there map or better still a custom map. These bikes run lean so don't save money by not buying the pc.   If you have the new ecu you don't need a tre really and with a pc I'm not sure you'd need it anyway.
Good luck, your credit card will need it!!!

Offline trotts

• Bike: DL1000 L6
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 13:37:17 »
Save your self some dosh and get the PCFC  (Power Commander Fuel Controller) rather than a Power Commander V. It does exactly the same as the PC V, meaning the fuelling can be adjusted and be spot on.  Search the threads and you will see a thread re the PCFC.  Also respectfully suggest you speak to your 'local' Dyno centre. I paid in region of £175 for PCFC (against over £300. for the PCV) then about 1.5hrs on dyno getting it spot on. (it comes with the o2 eliminator that plugs in Kwackboy alludes to)
2016 V Strom DL1000 A4. Heed  protection Bars, Sargent Seat, Scotoiler, Power Commander Fuel Controller, Delkevic 320mm Tri Oval and Decat, Givi Air Flow screen, Givi Tank Bag, Shad Top case, Suzuki Panniers, Centre stand, hand guards.

Offline wurzel

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 13:39:58 »
Yes, a servo buddy to make the ecu think the valve is still there...a power comander, with a tailored map,  and o2 sensor eliminators, which should come with the pc.
it's not cheap, but does give good results...