Author Topic: Sat Nav or Google maps on Phone ?  (Read 6510 times)

Offline Sam

Re: Sat Nav or Google maps on Phone ?
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2015, 21:02:29 »
Chris,
As I understand it Yes any Bluetooth device will communicate with any other Bluetooth device. they just need to be 'paired' with each other.

I don't think this is true. I have a Garmin car Sat Nav with bluetooth & it won't connect to an Interphone bluetooth device. Car sat navs are (as I understand it) quite often only able to connect to phones. Bike specific sat navs are different & generally will have no problem connecting to an Interphone headset.

Offline Andy M

• Bike: Hurley-Pugh Empire Wildebeeste Manx Thruxton
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2015, 07:11:31 »
They can fix the pincode. Buy a TOMTOM with a headset and while the device will talk to anything on one channel ( the phone)  the headset won't talk to another directly. There are probably 12 year olds out there who can unlock them but its easier just to buy ones designed to talk to anything.

Andy

Offline bigpie

• Site Donator
  • Bike: DL650
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2015, 08:23:48 »
It depends on the Bluetooth profiles supported by both devices and how much the manufacture has deviated from the spec.

Generally a headset should pair with a Sat Nav. I've got a cheap Chinese device. It works OK for navigation and my cheap Chinese headset pairs, the problem is the device keeps the audio channel open even when not giving instructions so it will probably have issues switching to other inputs, such as intercoms.

firestrom

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2016, 22:42:08 »
well I bought a bt intercom as recommended by Grumps (thank you) and it works great, I bought a single one as I don't take a pillion so all I wanted it for was music and Sat Nav voice commands. It has a built in FM radio receiver as well, so for £32 money well spent. :lala: