Author Topic: Powerbronze plastics  (Read 2262 times)

Offline mrp192

• Bike: V-Strom 1050
Powerbronze plastics
« on: January 14, 2016, 16:55:22 »
I have a Powerbronze hugger and front 'mudguard' extender on my Bandit and was looking to fit the same to my Glee.
Searching the forum I see that many people have had problems with the drive chain hitting some brands of hugger, Pyramid and Puig, mentioned several times,but I can't find any reference to Powerbronze.
Would anyone have fitted a Powerbronze hugger to a Glee and be able to say if they have had this problem as well? Also it's not obvious from the pictures on their website, does the Powerbronze Glee hugger extend down below the swinging arm in front of the wheel to protect the shock linkage?
I wasn't going to worry about a front 'mudguard' extender as the front mudguard is quite long anyway but having done a few miles now on mucky roads it appears one might be needed. The Glee plastic mudguard isn't as rigid as the one on my Bandit, I presume to avoid damage off-road, but is it up to having an extender fitted?
Thanks, Mark.

Offline The Menace

• Bike: 2014 Vstrom 650
Re: Powerbronze plastics
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 17:23:27 »
I fitted one of these huggers to my Glee last year and I'm very happy with it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PUIG-REAR-HUGGER-Suzuki-DL650A-V-STROM-ABS-07-14-carbon-look-/181565124485?hash=item2a461fef85:g:TUIAAOSwy4hURh2q

The instructions suggested sawing off the hard plastic mud flap that protrudes from the bottom of the battery box to ensure it does not interfere with the hugger during use.

Offline mr_diver

• Ride Coordinator
  • The Rantings of a Crazed Lunatic
  • Bike: 'onda Varadero XL1000v9, 'onda CX500ec '83, GSX14 '06, DL650 K6 (Blue) R.I.P,
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 17:54:18 »
I think that plastic flap on the swingarm can simply be pulled off.

Ride Coordinator

Online UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 17:59:49 »
I've got a Givi rear hugger and it fits with no issues/problems. Ordered from Italy for about £60-ish delivered.

Offline joderest

• Our other Strom, Daughters pony
  • Bike: DL650 K6
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 18:51:10 »
I have a powerbronze belly pan fitted to my WEE, was a bit disappointed that I had to drill and cut a slot in it to clear the wire that goes to the side stand switch I advised Powerbronze, but all they said was "noted", it also arrived short of one little rubber bit the bolts go through to secure it, Powerbronze did not offer to send one when I advised it was missing.
Not a bad fit, would I buy something else from them, can't say.