Author Topic: cosmo handle bar risers  (Read 2307 times)

Offline plumber02

• Bike: DL1000-K8 wr450f
cosmo handle bar risers
« on: February 23, 2016, 20:38:34 »
hi lads anyone out there fitted the cosmo pivot handlebar risers ? just wondering will I have to change brake lines or is there enough slack on them I'm puttin on a set of standard renthals enduro lower and wider , any suggestions from experience welcome  ,  also are the bits that go into the old clamps knurled , its just in the pic they look like they're not?? thanks

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
Re: cosmo handle bar risers
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 08:18:06 »
I sold a set of those to Kissofdeath on here. I never used them myself so maybe he can offer some advice.
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

Offline FlyingPanMan

• Bike: KLV1000 2004
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 02:10:17 »
I bought a pair and found them difficult to fit.

The problem is that the oem clamp bolts cannot be accessed easily and the rear pair have to be tightened first because a normal allen key cannot get to them when the top clamp is over them.

I also found it difficult to get the handlebar straight across as they tend to pivot individually.

What finished them off for me was the thread stripping so I couldn't fully clamp them down.

I ended up getting a pair of up and back risers and they fitted with no problem.

Offline plumber02

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 17:07:56 »
gotcha , perfect , that's the decision made for me , can you remember if the bottom part was knurled or not only just as a matter of interest only, I've bought their fork brace and its fine just changed the bolts  - has it made a difference  I don't really know nor can I see how it makes any difference but I bought 1 anyway :shrug:( unless someone can explain how it does make a difference to me )  they must be selling a shed loads of this stuff to be able to machine and sell at that price, it is all 5 axis cnc but the finish and design is good and looks good

Offline FlyingPanMan

• Bike: KLV1000 2004
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 01:41:31 »
No, not knurled and - I've just remembered - there were four semi-circular spacer/packers that had to be installed on my KLV1000 that made it even more of a complex job to fit. I wouldn't recommend them unfortunately.

Offline plumber02

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 10:04:39 »
they must be all made for the fat bar so and they just send spacers to suit the 7/8 , thanks for the reply