Author Topic: I think I'm there !  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Relevant11

• Bike: Dl1000L4. KTM XCF 350, Royal Enfield interceptor 650( yes they are as good as they say)
I think I'm there !
« on: July 23, 2015, 21:45:26 »
I managed to find time to fit the fuel Diablo exhaust  today , took her for a longish  spin this  evening it obviously sounds much better, the occasional pop on the over run   And a lovely full bodied  v twin sound track on a summers evening ride.It seems to have combined very well with the heal tech TRI, pick is much better, all snatching in lower gears pretty much non existent .
 My newly installed Led projector bulb side lights courtesy  of Amazon worked well and  lit up the tree tunnels very nicely I even  got to use my Oxford heated grips !
 I think I've pretty much hit the sweet spot on this bike now , maybe some road pilot 4's when the battle axes wear out would be the icing on the cake. :)  :)

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
Re: I think I'm there !
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 21:56:08 »
Seems like you are having a better time with the 1000 than some other members. It seems to be "hit and miss" on who gets a good one. You're one of the lucky ones.
 :)
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Offline Relevant11

• Bike: Dl1000L4. KTM XCF 350, Royal Enfield interceptor 650( yes they are as good as they say)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 22:02:09 »
I seem to be don't I , I'm genuinely intrigued as to exactly what the variable is and where it's introduced into to the manufacturing or set up process.
   Answers on a postcard please !

Offline Ratt

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 13:34:48 »
Referring to the last post ie "hit n miss" I have now cleared the garage sufficiently to work on the bike!! I am not at all happy about this as it cost £10500. Again I asked my dealer who I get on well with and again apparently its common that new models have "teething" problems to which later variants have a mod fitted that those who previously bought DON'T get recalled. The weather Friday and today is basically ___ if I had decided to head Devon way its seems that stopping at the services and NOT being able to switch the engine off is just tough. Well I will ask Suzuki UK about this. An owner of no engineering knowledge or ability is really up the proverbial. Fortunately I have three other forms of transport one being a Guzzi, I tested many of the adventure type bikes and the Strom suited me best the Stevelio second. The deciding factor, weight and inbuilt reliability plus European wide dealer network, not expecting however to be a regular visitor. As a previous comment Honda are bringing out The Africa Twin so you know what to do.

Ratt heading to screwfix for heatshrink and amalgomated tape used to electrically seal joints in industry!!!!! :angry-tappingfoot:

Offline vstroman

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 16:17:50 »
I think the Africa Twin is going to be a great bike,first ride reports and actually seeing it in the flesh will be great.

Offline stevecro

• Bike: DL1000 L4, 2008 Suzuki DR650, 2002 Triumph Speed Triple - Nuclear Red (Magenta)
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 09:01:55 »
just a bit unfortunate the first information re: new Africa Twin was teasing us about being around 200 kgs wet when in fact only the non ABS variant matches our V stroms in weight and is slightly down in power and torque. ABS and DCT take it into the mid 240s.
Should be rather off-roadworthy just the same though. Nice bike