Author Topic: New V Strom owner  (Read 924 times)

Offline Cobby

New V Strom owner
« on: July 28, 2015, 20:29:46 »
Hi all, I'm new to the V Strom and this forum. I bought a 2014 DL1000 V Strom with adventure pack a few weeks ago and so far loving it.
My previous bike was a much loved Honda VFR800FI which I owned for over 6 years, the longest I have ever kept a bike so it must have been good.
The main differences I'm finding with the V Strom is speed, not bothered getting old anyway, and a slight vibey feel to the bike when riding long distances. Don't get me wrong the VFR was not vibe free but I never got a numb hand during long runs. I recently rode none stop from Aviemore to my home in south Northumberland and my throttle hand didn't regain its feeling for a day!!.
I'm planning another 1K mile run this weekend to bonny Scotland, any idea's on how to deaden those vibes?

BTW I fitted some Grip Puppies tonight in preparation for the trip, anyone had positive experiences using these things?

Offline MartinW

• Administrator
  • Bike: DL650 K4 Blue
Re: New V Strom owner
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 20:35:37 »
Hi Cobby and  :welcome:

Grip Puppies have been mentioned positively on here, very recently. See HERE for that discussion.
Tall, Dark and Handsome (In 1987) - Just tall now !!

Chief Stasi

Online UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 20:45:39 »
:welcome:

Offline Custardpie

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 20:50:44 »
Hi cobby :welcome2:

I use a 'throttle cruise aid' made of plastic and clips over your throttle. They are available on eBay £8.99 or if you have a J&S near you they were a couple of quid cheaper. They stop you having to grip the throttle so much just use the palm of you hand.
Keep it on the black stuff

Offline tallpaul

• Tastier than the Barrow-in-Furness bus depot...
  • Bike: 2016 Yamaha XT1200ZE
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 21:13:17 »
Hi cobby, welcome to the forum! :) I have grip puppies on my bike as I find the standard grip diameter a bit small for my paws and kept getting cramp in my left hand. Since fitting them I now occasionally get a numb thumb and forefinger on my right hand. No biggy, but I didn't get that before I fitted them. Beats having cramp, so I'll keep them!!
Old enough to know better, but still too young to care...

Offline kissofdeath

• Bike: Veek
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 01:20:51 »
:welcome:

Offline Cobby

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 06:25:16 »
Thanks for the welcomes and posts. I'll report on how I got on with the Grip Puppies on my return next week.