Author Topic: front forks  (Read 1167 times)

Offline porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
front forks
« on: June 27, 2015, 20:42:56 »
My last two bikes have had similar forks to the v strom,  ie harsh compression damping and I cured them to a certain extent with progressive springs and 5w oil. There r only hyperpro springs at the mo so I just changed the oil to 5w.   They feel a bit softer at a stand still but much the same on the road. Think they need a revalve to fix them right and that's too much for me. I have much more trouble with the rear shock anyway so any money would go on that first.

Offline Jacksnipe

Re: front forks
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 23:23:10 »
Nothing wrong with Hyperpro  Fork springs , transformed the front end on my Kwak Versys MK1. Quality product.

I combined the Fork Springs with a fully adjustable Nitron with mega adjustment. The bike handles like a dream. See no reason why this upgrade would not be good on the DL1000.

WM

Offline porter

• Bike: DL1000 L4
Re: front forks
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 13:31:40 »
People judge by their experiences with companies, yours was positive with hyperpro mine was negative. I spent 600 quid almost on springs and a shock for a tiger 1050 which completely messed the bike up. The fork springs were 285mm and oe is 300 so too much sag and the shock was 4mm to long thus given a axle height of 12mm over oe, the bike was unstable at anything over 80. I removed all and sold it, fitted ohlin's and that did transform it