Author Topic: Glee speedo fuel gauge fault?  (Read 1263 times)

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
Glee speedo fuel gauge fault?
« on: November 04, 2014, 21:45:39 »
Noticed a weird thing with my fuel gauge recently (happened once previously but three times today despite full tank of BP fuel since last night). When I turn the electrics on the fuel gauge has one block lit up which then moves progressively up the blocks to the end then starts over from the beginning. It does this until the electrics turn off.

Previously turning it off and on again fixed it, and did this morning until I pressed the start button then it did it again for a few minutes before the gauge showed a full five bars. Coming home today,  I used the kill switch on the drive, turned electrics off whilst opening the gate, turned the electrics back on and it did it again until turned off/on again.

Have posted some pics below but was wondering if anyone might have come across this previously (loose connection? ) or have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Offline Mr Nick

• Certified Fisher Price trained technician
  • Bike: 1979 Suzuki TS185ER, 1979 Moto Guzzi V50, 1989 Moto Guzzi SP3, 2010 KTM 990 Adv
Re: Glee speedo fuel gauge fault?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 22:50:42 »
Interesting....

Maybe it's a new built in game: you've to stop the bar where the fuel level really is & win a prize?

Maybe worth disconnecting the battery for a minute to see if it clears itself?

Is the temp gauge also playing up? Looks to be sitting at the top from memory.
Seems pearl asbo orange is faster after all....

'Don't believe all the quotes in forum signatures' - Aristotle

'Ehh, good enough' - Mediocretes

Orange Bikes Matter!

Offline greywolf

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 23:49:35 »
Whenever a CHEC is displayed, the temps bars are all filled to draw extra attention to the display and the red light is lit because the engine is not running so there is no oil pressure.

I've seen another report on the fuel bars cycling. I'll see if I can find it.

Aha! http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650a-2012 ... cling.html
Pat- 2007 DL650A was ridden to all 48 contiguous states. 2012 DL650A outlasted me.
Nicknames I use to lessen typing, Vee = 2002-2012 (K2-L2) DL1000s. Veek=2014+ (L4+) DL1000s. Wee = 2004-2011 (K4-L1) DL650s. Glee = 2012+ (L2+) DL650s

Offline UK_Vstrom650

• Bike: DL650A L2
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 15:43:11 »
Thanks for the replies. As GW says nothing wrong with the temp gauge,  it returns to normal once kill switch (in this case) is reset.

Had a look at the link however didn't appear to be a solution to that one, just a few with the same and disconnecting the battery didn't seem to help. May take a trip to the dealer to ask them to look as the bike is still under warranty.

(Unrelated but another thing I've noticed on occasion is when changing gear from 1st to 2nd the gear indicator sometimes briefly shows 3 before going back to 2. Always thought it was just one of those things but the above has me wondering now)

Offline Mr Nick

• Certified Fisher Price trained technician
  • Bike: 1979 Suzuki TS185ER, 1979 Moto Guzzi V50, 1989 Moto Guzzi SP3, 2010 KTM 990 Adv
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 17:47:58 »
Quote from: "UK_Vstrom650"
As GW says nothing wrong with the temp gauge,  it returns to normal once kill switch (in this case) is reset.

Fair enough: I sold mine a year ago so memory failing....

I'd get it to the dealer if it's still under warranty - nothing to be lost & maybe ward off a bigger issue brewing for after it expires!
Seems pearl asbo orange is faster after all....

'Don't believe all the quotes in forum signatures' - Aristotle

'Ehh, good enough' - Mediocretes

Orange Bikes Matter!